FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Thanks Doug and Sang!

Oscar and I have been working really hard to see my dream come together. I see the trips as a really great learning experience, a stepping stone, for people who are just getting involved with off-roading or for those that want to polish their skills. My goal is to share our knowledge to our guests so that they will become experts with us!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Great job guys! That is a very reasonable price so I hope there is a great turnout for the planned events. Looks like your keeping it so that relatively stock vehicle's can go on the trips and that is also good to get folks interested in offroading. Heck, I would gladly pay $250.00 to spend a couple of days Ryan, Oscar and Benny on the trail.

Reactions: RyanMillen

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Great job guys! That is a very reasonable price so I hope there is a great turnout for the planned events. Looks like your keeping it so that relatively stock vehicle's can go on the trips and that is also good to get folks interested in offroading. Heck, I would gladly pay $250.00 to spend a couple of days Ryan, Oscar and Benny on the trail.
Thanks Nels! I think your talking about our upcoming Big Bear trip, which will be co-guided by Hawk!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks Doug and Sang!

Oscar and I have been working really hard to see my dream come together. I see the trips as a really great learning experience, a stepping stone, for people who are just getting involved with off-roading or for those that want to polish their skills. My goal is to share our knowledge to our guests so that they will become experts with us!
Hell yeah its a learning experience! One Baja Trip is one too many, and one more is never enough. Yes, I want more!

Every time I read a Baja thread, I revisit memories of our trip. For one stretch of the run, I sat shotgun with Ryan in the Baja Race FJ, fully caged, 5 point seat belt, helicopter headphones with mic, and the whole 9. He talked out loud how to read the terrain, when to shift/brake, hit the gas, and what to look for.

We were hauling ass through the sand wash, way ahead of our group. Then we started to hit some sweeping turns. I'm hanging on the "oh chit" handles, and I see Ryan doing some rapid wheel manipulations (I don't know the racing term???), and we were DRIFTINGGGGGGG through the whole turn at 50+ mph! We hit another turn, and another. It was bananas! More fun than a 6 flags roller coaster.

I've seen this stuff on Youtube. But sitting next to Ryan Millen in the race FJ, in BAJA, on the actual BAJA 1000 course, "ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!" Cool slogan! Keep doing what you're doing Ryan, and Oscar!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Did I just read "CABO"?? I need in.
You read right Jeremy! The dates aren't picked yet, but I'm working on the logistics. Sometime in December, to really do it right we will need around 10 days. I'm kind of leaning towards a shorter amount of days(7) because it takes two days to drive back on the hwy! So we may not get exactly to Cabo but I'm thinking La Paz, which has a more laid back feel.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
You read right Jeremy! The dates aren't picked yet, but I'm working on the logistics. Sometime in December, to really do it right we will need around 10 days. I'm kind of leaning towards a shorter amount of days(7) because it takes two days to drive back on the hwy! So we may not get exactly to Cabo but I'm thinking La Paz, which has a more laid back feel.
Lets do dec 26- jan 2, I will also need two seats open as I'm not bringing the dirtbag mobile lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
Lets do dec 26- jan 2, I will also need two seats open as I'm not bringing the dirtbag mobile lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I approve of this date! Are you sure you'd be ok with riding in the back seat for this sh!t though? Seems like a b!tch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.