FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There must be something wrong with me. I just got back from Rubicon and I can't wait to get some more. I think it's because I was riding shotgun with Oscar the whole time and I didn't get my fix of driving.

If you have ever wanted to get your feet wet with rock crawling but were afraid of vehicle damage or getting stranded, this is the trip for you. This adventure will be guided by Oscar, myself and John aka Hawk. Hawk will be pre-running the route this weekend and will have more exact information of the route next week. I'm limiting the group to four customer vehicles, plus two guide vehicles.

When:

September 7th-8th

What:

Two day off-road trip in Big Bear. We will be self supported and camping on Saturday night, returning home Sunday afternoon. Dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning will be provided.

Requirements:

Minimum 3" lift with 33" tires and skid-plates with sliders.

Itinerary:

Saturday:
Meet up at the Valero gas station.
Start at green valley lake (3N16) to lower larga (2N06X) to upper Holcomb (3N93) to (3N08) and finish back on (3N16). Camp at Holcomb campground.

Sunday:
3N16 to Poligue cyn rd. to highway 18 north to gold mountain trail to 3N16 to 3N08 to 3N93 upper Holcomb to 3N93 to lower Holcomb to 3N16 to Green Valley lake.

What is Included on the Trip?

A Complete guided trip through Big Bear. We keep the group to a reasonable size. So you get a personal experience.

• Professional guides and spotting
  • Camping facility with permits
  • Dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning

• Radio rental
  • Parts: Millen Adventures carries everything from drive shafts, wheels and tires, to factory suspension parts. If a part needs to be used on your truck then you pay our cost for the part and the labor is covered with your entree fee.

Register here:

Millen Adventures | Sep 7-8 Itinerary

·
Registered
985 Posts
I will be at Snow Valley Mountain Resort Sat morning from 9 am to 11:00 am (supposed to end at 11:00) for a USNF meeting than heading down 330 to the staging area, which is at Green Valley Lake Road and Crab Flats Road (3N16). If anyone would like to join the pre-run with me...I will be at the staging area Sat around noon. If any parties are interested PM me for my cell. If your HAMing it, I will be on Keller Peak Repeater (146.400000 Tone 146.2 duplex + and simplex 146.400000...call sign KK6GHW and CB channel 5.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think I am heading up this weekend with my son and his father in law to do all of Holcomb and Dishpan camping overnight on Sunday night. If we go I will call you on the Ham. Call sign KK6AYO

Reactions: BigDouggieDoug

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hawk sounds pretty excited for the weekend!
"Sat's run is going to rock and you will like. I spent Sat pre-running different trails in and around Green Valley Lake and Big Bear (about 80 miles worth of driving) and worked on a trail plan Sat night. Then on Sun, I pre-ran the entire Sat's run and came up with a super great run. With the changes, I have made it better and more intimate."-John

I jump at any chance to get out of town and camp in the mountains. For anyone who is on the fence, the trails we will be using are considered beginner to intermediate and won't be too extreme. We wont be running trails like John Bull, unless you ask for it on Sunday:wink:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Love to join but way too hot now for this old fart.

Very interested in learning form the experienced, so far my rock crawling has only on been miller jeep trail and some slick rock / rock garden adventures in AZ.

Will you be offering this in October before or after the Cougar Buttes run or maybe early November?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love to join but way too hot now for this old fart.

Very interested in learning form the experienced, so far my rock crawling has only on been miller jeep trail and some slick rock / rock garden adventures in AZ.

Will you be offering this in October before or after the Cougar Buttes run or maybe early November?
Weather reports are saying it should be 81 on Saturday and 73 on Sunday. I live by the beach and it's in the 90's. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.

I'm not certain if we will be doing anymore Big Bear adventures this year. November will be really busy for me because of the Baja 1000, I'll hopefully be in Baja that month :). October has the best chance for another Big Bear Adventure.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Weather reports are saying it should be 81 on Saturday and 73 on Sunday. I live by the beach and it's in the 90's. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.

I'm not certain if we will be doing anymore Big Bear adventures this year. November will be really busy for me because of the Baja 1000, I'll hopefully be in Baja that month :). October has the best chance for another Big Bear Adventure.
Any chance for a Millen Adventures Baja 1000 specatator trip?? Always wanted to go watch the race!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I need to change the clutch and weld a few things or I could take you to Cleghorn for a challenging action packed adventure……………………

Reactions: curtiss and Dirtbag
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.