FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently hit 5800 miles on my sandstorm, i had the oil changed at 5200. Is there something else that i should have maintenanced? what about at 10,000...15,000...20,000...and so on? how often should I have it tuned up? sorry if I sound dumb in this field but I just really wanna prolong the life of my sandstorm for ever. please someone help me out, oh plus i suck at diy work lol. so ill be paying for the work.
Joey

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
if you're going to take it in, just tell them how many miles, and they'll let you know what needs done. OR, you can look at the maintenance guide. It has all the details of what they recommend for each interval.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
One thing I ALWAYS have to remind the dealership about is to lube the drive shafts when it goes in for the oil change. I forgot once, and the drive shaft didn't get the grease.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
FJDave said:
One thing I ALWAYS have to remind the dealership about is to lube the drive shafts when it goes in for the oil change. I forgot once, and the drive shaft didn't get the grease.
I hate the fact you need to remind them! The service writer even needs to remind the mechanic! Why put it on their service description if they ain't meanin to do it.....excuse my rant :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Rant excused....but I have the same rant. Oh well....just remind your service writer to put on the service sheet to lube the drive shafts.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks yea i went through the mainetance site and saw everything i mainly drive in and around L.A. and twice to vegas not 4x yet

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well, get together with some peeps from here and hit a trail! You have to use the 4WD or you run the risk of damaging your t-case and such. It's in the manual. So come on, man! Get out there!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Joey.....gotta use the 4x4 mang i got my rig 2 weeks ago and took it up to Azusa Canyons last Sunday. Planning on taking it again next weekend, probably on saturday after work. I get off at 7am let me know.

Or Nov. 8th probably gonna wake up early and do some 4x4 on my Bday......

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shit my fj isnt 4x, damn now i regret it lol

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Mine isn't either....4X2 here. And I still go on a majority of the runs without problems.

Did you know we have a rare FJ? Only 7% of FJs are made in 4x2. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts