FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTKrockeTT said:
what are you getting done?
I wanna get my set of silver-painted sliders powdercoated in black now.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
i used Primo powdercoating in HB once on Gothard, the price was right but i was not too inmpressed witht thier work. Reputation wise i have heard good things about Olympic Powdercoating in SA. I will probably go to them to save my sliders done in silver, unless we can get a 2fer price on black.
http://www.olympicpowdercoating.com/

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Doug take it to Primo Powder coating in HB. They are on Gothard and Slater streets. We take all our Aluminum Speaker grills for the in-wall speakers that are outside to have powder coated. They will have to sand blast off the old paint first. They do a good job and pricing is good also. Never had any issues there. Seriously, if your gonna drop that kind of coin, have them blinged in gold to match the SFY. lol

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. We've got a great group of people here in SoCal. Thanks very much all for your recommendations. :)

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Acetechno said:
Doug take it to Primo Powder coating in HB. They are on Gothard and Slater streets. We take all our Aluminum Speaker grills for the in-wall speakers that are outside to have powder coated. They will have to sand blast off the old paint first. They do a good job and pricing is good also. Never had any issues there. Seriously, if your gonna drop that kind of coin, have them blinged in gold to match the SFY. lol
Sorry Larry but i had two bike frames at Primo. I had some bubbling and the color was off from what i had anticipated. But that was 7 years ago and i think they changed owners/management since then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mtnkraut said:
I just got a quote for sandblast and PC for $180 total from Primo.
It needs to be chemically treated too (like an "acid wash"). $180 seems high for sliders, Embee did my bumper for less.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
i figured, it was my first stop because i drove by it. Someone else told me about embee, will check them out.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
i just dropped off my sliders yesterday at Olympic Poedercoating in Santa Ana. They quoted me $150 for a double coat.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
ive had some bike frames done at olympic.
no bubbling and was finished when they said it would be.
price was reasonable and in the end....bikes looked awesome!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
the bike shop i go to uses them for custom colors. he showed me some bike frames they had and they were nice unlike the last shop i used. i went just for sandblasting but after talking to Pete, i decided on powdercoating.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts