FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged into my micro stock photography site today to discover somebody has purchased one of my photos. It's a photo I took at Racetrack in Death Valley! The world of micro stock is just a few cents a sale but it's a really good feeling it being my first.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats! I use iStockPhoto almost every day and know their guidelines are strict if you want to sell photos on there.
Keep up the great photography!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Way to go E, thats awesome news!!!! Keep it up. :)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
very nice, youre on your way to becoming a professional photographer ;D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again.

I've been uploading photos every night. The thought of turning a profit on a picture I took years ago excites me more than a Vegas buffet :eek:

The difficult part is waiting for approval to add the photo to my portfolio. They can be strict and it takes over 10 days to get a response.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
poker said:
I logged into my micro stock photography site today to discover somebody has purchased one of my photos. It's a photo I took at Racetrack in Death Valley! The world of micro stock is just a few cents a sale but it's a really good feeling it being my first.

So you post up photo's and people can buy them there? Is it that simple?

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
JdeMello said:
Basically, but you're photographs have to meet a lot of different criteria.

You first have to apply to become a contributor and submit samples to them, and take a quiz. Once you're approved, you can start uploading. They review your entries and will let you know if they are in or not. You are payed a royalty rate of 20% for each time your file is downloaded. The price of the photo varies depending on the resolution that the downloader pays for. Normally between $1 and $12 or so.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JdeMello said:
Some photogs surely make it look simple. Everytime I browse the galleries, I'm hitting myself on the head with:

"why didn't I think of that?"
"I can do that!"
"people are buying this?"

It's like a game for some and an addiction to others. I'm still figuring it out. I just hate waiting for approvals. It takes over 10 days and you can only upload 15 shots at a time.

But yeah, what Matt said.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts