FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have yet to see an NCO get caught up, and in all honesty I wouldn't ever put another NCO through that around Joe. We need to set an example of leadership and watch out for eachother. Although I can think of a few NCOs I'd love to see get f'ed with LOL
A bad rep for an officer would probably follow him around forever....we don't have NCO type status in the CDCR so everyone is fair game. Some guys and gals just make it too easy....some I wouldn't haze if you paid me.....they're NUTZ :eek:ut:and might pop me with a mini 14 from a tower....:eek: and our 50/50 vests won't stop a .223.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Funny I sent the new fitter apprentice to Home Depot for a new pipe stretcher ... The receipt hasn't hit my desk yet. Guess he didnt have any luck.
:rofl: That's wonderful!!!!!!!!! my cheeks hurt from laughing at that one...(on my face...:nono:)

Buahahaha! Haven't heard of that one before!

"Dream like you'll live forever.
Live like you'll die today."
- James Dean
Me either..... we totally :hijacked: this but it's now hiarious as well as informative......:biggrin:

BTW.....evertime I quote you I have to cut and paste because I forget about the JD quote at the bottom......lol. Very cool quote. I was just at his memorial tree last month for the umpteenth time. What a tragedy....way too young and talented to go, but, he was living his quote....:cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
finally got into this job, have quite a bone to pick with the Toyota Engineers (oh no, more jokes..bone to pick) but I wont get into that. after removing the fuel delivery system and the intake manifold I had to take out some metal (Aluminum) lines, had to cut the bracket alittle with a hack saw then I could get to the problem....I will try to fill the hole where the varment got in with some hardware cloth, I blame the squirrel for this but Toyota must have thought "No one will ever need to change these parts....ha Oh the dealer wanted over $2,000 for this job...:) Gas Auto part Cable Machine Electrical wiring

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add my notes regarding the knock sensor problem.
i too have been experiencing this issue. It’s been intermittent for the last two years. Sometimes the lights turn off by themselves while I’m driving.Most other times I need to clear the code to clear the lights. Anyway. I think this problem has to do with bad gas. The first time it happened it cleared itself. Then it happened all the time. I used a bottle of injector cleaner the first time and it went away for a year and a half. Lately 8-22 it’s been happening again. I still think it’s bad gas. I drove ot down to empty, threw in a bottle of sea foam, octane boost and injector cleaner. It took Two tanks of gas but the lights are off now.
all I can say is that these knock sensors are in a stupid location. If anyone knows how to bypass them (other than what the guy said above) please let me know. I’d like to make a cable to bypass these if at all possible.
dougieV

21 - 32 of 32 Posts