FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about good timing, The Baja 540c just went on sale TODAY at offroad warehouse for the insane price of $399. If you ever thought you wanted one, now is the time

I am not trying to make any money at all on this just gauging interest and I would give them at cost.

Well Me and Jack from Jackfab have come up with an uber clean and solid overhead GPS mount. If you paint it grey almost looks stock. It is made from 1/4 laser cut aluminum precisely designed on cad. The bend is impecibly perfect to match the contour of the headliner. Also we have incorperated threadserts into the truck that will make this design infinitly stronger than the mounts held up by the 2 mirror screws. It also allows the unit to be swiveled side to side as well as the already up and down option that came with the gps. Included with the mount will be hi grade hardware and the threadserts. At 50 bucks They are a little pricey but totally worth it. There will be a cheaper version made of thinner powdercoated steel availiable in the future. These are specifically made for the lowrance baja but can be adapted to anything from a bluetooth to a ham/cb unit or whatever you can want up there. Installs in under 10 minutes. Also you can keep your rear view mirror if you want although it may be somewhat obstructed depending what you put up there. PM or call me if interested.
I am not making a dime off these, I just want to offer them to all who would want one. Rock on!

Update
OK heres what it looks like and the hardware. I decided not to paint mine, I like the raw look

Here's what it looks like installed.

it clears the visors

Also I can reach the buttons while my shoulder still on the seat back, no leaning and reaching.

Now this is how to get it from point A, peices in a box to B, installed

Step 1 remove the rearview mirror by poping off the mount cover with a flat screwdriver

Step 2 remove the 2 screws that hold the mirror on

Step 3 with a razor knife cut away a small amount of the headliner where the top 2 holes are to fully expose them.

Step 4 get a threadsert tool, 10 bucks at harbour freight or borrow one from an auto shop.

Now screw a threadsert onto the tool and place it into the hole and squeeze, try to make sure you get them as flush as possible.
Do this for both holes.

Step 5 assemble the Lowrance bracket onto the mount by inserting the carraige bolts through the top of the mount, and putting attaching the nylock nuts on the other end. Make sure you have a pretty good idea of the angle you want on it or you will have to loosen the nuts and re adjust later.

Step 6 Attach the mount to the roof. Always loosely install all bolts and screws first so they all line up before snugging them down.

Step 7 is optional. If you want to re install the mirror and plan to take the unit out when not on runs then remove the 2 small screws, mount the mirror and pop the plastic cover back on.

If you run the mirror or not that is up to you. The final step is to install the unit. Pop it in, adjust the down angle and tighten the side knobs and Violla.

I am writing this with the assumption that the wiring has already been run under the headliner.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
102 Posts
There are more than one Lowrance Baja models if I am correct. And if that is true, will it fit all models?

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Sounds sweet Mike but lets see some pics. :)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Mike, that is AWESOME! I did not know those holes were there, and using those inserts is a GREAT idea. I believe this is how I'll go about making the CB mount. If the plate is thick enough, it should be just fine.

Nice work!

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx, Since I have a template now I could have one for ya but without the holes and you could just drill em where you need em to attach a cb. Lemme know I have like 6 left and only 3 are cut for the Baja. Like i said though the materials, cad design and laser cutting cost a bit so At 50 bucks i'm not makin a dime. If I get a big enough interest i'm gonna get a whole sheeet of em water jetted and that would bring it down to like 30 bucks or so.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
FunJunkie said:
Thanx, Since I have a template now I could have one for ya but without the holes and you could just drill em where you need em to attach a cb. Lemme know I have like 6 left and only 3 are cut for the Baja. Like i said though the materials, cad design and laser cutting cost a bit so At 50 bucks i'm not makin a dime. If I get a big enough interest i'm gonna get a whole sheeet of em water jetted and that would bring it down to like 30 bucks or so.
Bring one of the blanks to J-Tree too. (hopefully you either did, or read this before you go.) ;D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That looks awesome Mike! Good job to you and the fab guy for figuring it out.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CADavebert said:
Bring one of the blanks to J-Tree too. (hopefully you either did, or read this before you go.) ;D
Picking yours up tomorrow dave and mailing it out ASAP. Wish I saw this thread B4 I left.
jeshua said:
That looks awesome Mike! Good job to you and the fab guy for figuring it out.

Thanks Josh. I'm happy with it and most of the props are to Jack. I just knew what I wanted with some small suggestions, he flipped my ideas inside out, upside down drew it up and made it happen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts