FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I thought that was the plan from the beginning? I'd read (on FJCF, aka - the Blue Room) that it was only going to run for 3 years, with about 50,000 produced for each year, and 3200 of those being some form of SE (TRD, TT, ??).

·
Registered
639 Posts
I didn't see a source listed for anything in the article. Looks like speculation to me. It all seems very likely though. If the FJ was a stock I would be selling but it isn't, it's a pleasure so I'm buyin.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Also...

I won't be protecting my FJ from damage or wrapping it in baseball sleeves or whatever. It's job is to protect me from damage! I made a deal with my truck, you keep me alive while I travel fast, slow and over rocks, trees and snow and I won't treat you like an investment.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I`m with raygunn on this one. Remember I laid my truck on its side and it protected me and my family from injury so it earned its keep in the family. I`m not ever planning on trading it in. I may need to buy a fuel efficiant econo box someday all that means is the FJ becomes a super truck and thats not a problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's definitely cool for those that want to keep their FJ stock in hopes you will one day see them on Barret Jackson or have people knocking down your door with ridiculous offers for it but when I first laid my eyes on the FJ at the LA Auto Show I knew that would have to get one and then 4 wheel the heck out of it. I only plan on modding it more to my liking and having the FJ do what is has done best for me: Daily Driver (that gets better gas mileage than my old lifted 2WD Ram), off road rig, camping gear lugger, quad trailer puller, and pure sexy beast that gets peoples heads to turn everywhere we go. I don't care if people look at it or not but it definitely doesn't hurt my ego any when I catch people staring at it :)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Whatever... I'm sure when they come out with something cooler than the FJ that operates on some super cheap technology that makes ten times the power of gas engines, I'll jump ship. Until then, mine will stay in the family. I don't really care about the resale value, I already got my money's worth out of it.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
i wouldn't get rid of mine either. My only concern is if i had to replace it for whatever reason and they don't have them anymore. :-[

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Mine will be with the family for many years. I always admired the 40 series and when the FJC came out I had to have one. I will be one of those guys in a 07 FJC in 2027!

G

·
I love the aftermarket support we get right now. That will change if/when it's discontinued. So will the availability of stock parts. I hope to have 2 FJs soon, so I really hope they continue making them.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
They'll just take a break if they really do stop production. As soon as alternative enery source is economical, lightweigt and safe enough, we'll be sporting the 2028 FJ Cruiser, You'll see... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got my limited trail teams edition ;D and i love her. but if they come out with the consumer priced flying car or something that goes 100 miles on a gallon of water i might just be tempted.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts