FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for the interior length of the cargo area with the seats down and found the following info if anyone else is interested:

56" - Length from rear door to folded forward passenger seats. There is a transition ramp from the flat cargo area to the back of the folded rear seats. Its about 6" long and lays at a roughly 35 degree incline. Then the back of the rear seats also does not lay flat but at about a 10 degree incline from horizontal and is 23" or so long.
30" - Length of the FLAT area of the cargo area
43" - Narrowest width of cargo area
39"-40" - Ceiling height from flat cargo area

Rear door opening:
43" - Width
34"-35" - Height, center of opening is higher

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Thanks for posting those! I'm in the (slow) process of building a cargo box for the rear.
Here's my 10 min rough mockup that I did in Google Sketchup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tubig said:
You have some sort of rear platform in the works? I still need to extend mines to go over the folded seat portion.
My 32" LCD TV is losing its blue color so I was considering a 40" or 46" and wanted to make sure it fits in my FJ since I hate using delivery services ;D

mattmainster said:
Thanks for posting those! I'm in the (slow) process of building a cargo box for the rear.
Here's my 10 min rough mockup that I did in Google Sketchup:

Nice looking cargo box! Brings me back to the days of my high school drafting class.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking for the interior length of the cargo area with the seats down and found the following info if anyone else is interested:

56" - Length from rear door to folded forward passenger seats. There is a transition ramp from the flat cargo area to the back of the folded rear seats. Its about 6" long and lays at a roughly 35 degree incline. Then the back of the rear seats also does not lay flat but at about a 10 degree incline from horizontal and is 23" or so long.

so 56" is the longest measurement - as deep as one could go before hitting a front seat in normal front seat position?
Even my short 5'5 stature needs 65 to lie down properly. I guess I'm keeping my troopy to camp in after all. Thanks for posting. I admire folks who take their time to share this kind of data with us all. cheers. nelson wells

1 - 5 of 5 Posts