Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing this out to see if there is an interest....

Monthly Install meet.

Once a month (usually Sunday) pick a members location From San Diego to Northern LA County for those that have a mod or basic vehicle maintenance to do. It accomplishes a few things.

Teaches those that are not mechanicly inclined a new skill or ability , promotes friendships and gets your mod or maintenance done a bit quicker.

I Host these events for my sons Mitsubishi Eclipse club and usually get 10 vehicles having something done to them at once (all in my driveway). It's a great time and after all the work is done, I BBQ what everyone brings and we make it kinda a pot luck.

If there is enough interest, I will post all the do's and Don'ts of this type of event.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great idea... We do a "tech day" for our Brit Bike club on occasion and make it like a BBQ... Gives a chance for newbies to learn and wrench, while us old guys get to feel useful again!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
considering the most mechanical thing i can do is rip the cap off a bottle of beer, sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
195 Posts
These things are always fun. Especially if THUGASAUR is there to harass.

I think one of the Moderators has already demonstrated his shameless enthusiasm for this sort of opportunity to either grab the stage or intimidate others attending:

...busted.

T

·
0 Posts
i voted yes... i hope in like 6 or 8 mouths ill have the $$$ and buy MY OWN FJC ;D then i can do whatever i want to it :eek: ;D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
mtnkraut said:
considering the most mechanical thing i can do is rip the cap off a bottle of beer, sounds like a great idea.
i expect a full installation write up, with detailed instructions and pics.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uphill said:
I think one of the Moderators has already demonstrated his shameless enthusiasm for this sort of opportunity to either grab the stage or intimidate others attending:
Four scores and 7 years ago....Or is it, (as Alphalpha would say)...Welcome to the He Man Woman Haters Club?

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
i too am a member of "National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood." I always wanted one of those T-shirts or signs.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a great idea! and Sunday is great since I work on Saturdays!

I've done alotta electrical stuff on my car so I can help in that area!

T

1 - 20 of 22 Posts