FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called jury duty and Im free for the rest of the day, anyone want to do something? I dont know if any of the local gates are open, I would assume not but I still wouldn't mind going to check

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I decided to take a hike, rode up to west horschief Trail at the very end of Holy jim, Of course I didn't do anything on the way there in terms of having fun. Here are some pics of the trail, very nice to be there with this weather, Im thinking of doing a holyjim to west Horschief loop, either hiking, or mountain bike, but I probably wont bike with this weather since it will damage the trail. There was also a really old car body stuck inside the forest, looks like it had bullet holes all over it.
Unfortunately i did not see any snow, I think there will be some snow up on the peak by tonight.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice, how much mud was out there? I didn't get to go today after work so I might check it out tomorrow.

I was there this last Saturday and talked to these guys that had a broken ball joint:

I hope they got their truck out of there somehow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I saw one old stranded pickup truck, no one inside. Two trucks seemed to have problems with their suspension or travel, one guy had a tire sticking out at an akwarad angle. As far as the trabuco canyon road, It was awsome, I havent seen puddles like that in a long time, it was like go up a hill Bam hit the water, again and again. I did try to take it slow though, I dont like it when others go fast so I figured I shouldnt. I also when into the gate that goes to the RC airfield, there is a section of that road that is just clay, As i predicted it was like sliding on ice, I managed not to get stuck with the wrangler, but cars get stuck there all the time.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Trabuco Canyon Road, aka Holy Jim, is fun with all the mud puddles but you will never ever ever get the film of mud 100% off of your car. It will be hiding in some crack, somewhere until the day that it is scrapped and melted down. I have scrubbed and washed, and picked, and powerwashed and scrubbed and still have that film in little gaps and hard to reach places under the rig and in the wheel wells. It is an amazingly stubborn mud/film :mad:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but you will never ever ever get the film of mud 100% off of your car. It will be hiding in some crack, somewhere until the day that it is scrapped and melted down. I have scrubbed and washed, and picked, and powerwashed and scrubbed and still have that film in little gaps and hard to reach places under the rig and in the wheel wells. It is an amazingly stubborn mud/film
Haha, well whats the problem with the new paint job? I think it may be the clay in the dirt there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts