·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D Now we can see where you stand!

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
I actually test drove the streched rubi 2 door before the fj and I liked it but it just wasnt family freindly or comfortable for long trips, like my chicago and back trip a couple monts ago. I have no problem admitting that a well built jeep is more capable than a well built FJ offroad but I needed a more dual purpouse rig and I found it in my Kobuta, now if only the damn fenderwells would stop bulging I'd be more happy. ;D Oh but when you classified bronco with beater I had to sneer, the old 70's bucket bronco's were BADASS!! as well as an IH Scout.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
since i've already had a sami as a dd.. i had to vote for it.

but if there was an 'other' option i would have voted for that.. since i was actually looking for a pretty well built up vw bug.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Although I like the statement "any Hummer is a good Hummer", I don't care for the H3 but I like, well, a Hummer.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I almost bought a 4-Runner but I learned the current body was on its way out. The FJC was more compact for the trails, cost less, and had a brand spanking new design. I have no regrets :)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
i'm actually glad i didn't see crozhawk's 4Runner prior to me purchasing the FJ. even though my wife already drives one, i think it would have been motivation enough to get my own 4Runner and build it up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've always had a deep respect for Jeeps. I almost bought a used Wrangler last December.

I still might buy a topless jeep in the future.

If there wasn't a Fj I would of bought a Rubicon. The Bronco thing was gettin old.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
i'm actually glad i didn't see crozhawk's 4Runner prior to me purchasing the FJ. even though my wife already drives one, i think it would have been motivation enough to get my own 4Runner and build it up.
a big X2 to that!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was sad to see it go. But as soon as I drove the Fj off the lot I knew it was the right move. No lookin back!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
SoCalOcFj said:
I've always had a deep respect for Jeeps. I almost bought a used Wrangler last December.

I still might buy a topless jeep in the future.

If there wasn't a Fj I would of bought a Rubicon. The Bronco thing was gettin old.
My wife likes Jeeps and we enjoyed a '86 Cherokee for a while. I got bigger tires and lifted that thing with Ranchos. Unfortunately, it broke down in a big way before it saw any dirt trails. We were determined to buy Toyota this time around.

T

·
0 Posts
well we own 2 Sammy's and 2 jeeps.... 2 REAL military hummers.... the FJ was a random buy... on the way home from utah... saw a few on the freeway... loved the front end of it, then went to dealer THAT NIGHT and got one same night LOL

·
Registered
944 Posts
fj or bust for me. i traded in a 10 month old car for it (fully loaded 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe) and have no regrets. I love the FJ more than any other car i have ever had (but dont let my Cobra know that).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DominicG said:
since i've already had a sami as a dd.. i had to vote for it.

but if there was an 'other' option i would have voted for that.. since i was actually looking for a pretty well built up vw bug.
Do you mean that old VW in your garage that you were trying to sell?

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
that would be my second bug.. the project ramrod/lead sled/stretched out rat rod thingamabob.

maybe ill get started on it soon again.. haha

hmm... so, shocks for the FJ or engine for the bug?? DILEMMA.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Not sure. I think if I could go back and do it all over I would have fixed up my 92 toyota pickup they way I want before I got another vehicle. But I think the FJ would still be my choice if I was to go new. If I was going used/older it would be a first gen 4runner, there one of my favorite all time vehicles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts