FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just decided on the Camburg 1.25" Uniball UCAs.........Now, where to get them for the best price?

Demellos $659 same as Camburg. I'd rather support DO unless I can find a set cheaper. If you guys spot any, please let me know. I'll buy ya a beer or 12 when we all get together for a run (even though I don't drink).

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I just decided on the Camburg 1.25" Uniball UCAs.........Now, where to get them for the best price?

Demellos $659 same as Camburg. I'd rather support DO unless I can find a set cheaper. If you guys spot any, please let me know. I'll buy ya a beer or 12 when we all get together for a run (even though I don't drink).
Tell Demello ur on here and u will get a discount. I got my TC from him.

Ill take my beer now

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm thinking LR, TC, or Camburg.......I've heard good stuff about Camburg......even the one's that use ball joints. I hear TC are squeaky but great. LR I haven't hear neagative about...Icon tubular I haven't heard great things about.

So, I'm not 100% sure but I have a few days till payday to figure it out. I'd like to have the Icon Billets but I can't justify the price.
Just an FYI since I recently put my Icons on-
I got my LR UCA for $350 shipped (maybe it was $325 shipped... I can't remember exactly). The price was not matched by any vendor I contacted. So, if you were interested in this deal I'd see if Demello could match it, and if not PM me for the place I got mine from.

·
Registered
281 Posts
And Sears is where I got mine aligned (the guy there who does the alignments wheels a Lexus)... anyway, the max they offer is a 3 year for ~$150. He told me that when I "adjust my suspension" (making me need an alignment) to NOT EVER tell the people who check me in that "I adjusted my suspension." He said if I say that SEARS will void the warranty on the alignment. This is just an FYI b/c although it seems like common sense I had not thought of that until he mentioned it to me.
Wheels a Lexus? More info please. I want to wheel my Lexus.

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Tell Demello ur on here and u will get a discount. I got my TC from him.

Ill take my beer now
Cool........will do.

:cheers:
will that di till we meet????:biggrin:

I got my LR UCA for $350 shipped (maybe it was $325 shipped... I can't remember exactly). The price was not matched by any vendor I contacted. So, if you were interested in this deal I'd see if Demello could match it, and if not PM me for the place I got mine from.
Ok cool. Thanks brother. Much appreciated. :cheers: A temporary beer for you too.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I shot DO an email. I'll give Jason a call tomorrow if Idon't get a response. I'd like to support him since I've hear nothing but good. Ok, I'm off to tune my cb.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Are you going with Light Racing or a uniball type arm? Camburg builds a ball joint type arm too.
I think I want to go with a uniball but I did see the Camburg ball joints. I'd probably get some new ball joint like Moog because I tore the boots while separating them from the spindles during my install. At this point, really, I'll go with whatever I can get ahold of that will allow full droop with my ext travel Icons.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Ball joint removal...Back the castle nut off, but don't remove it. Then steadily tap the spindle where the ball joint slips through. They come apart pretty easy. Saves the boot. I'd go with a uniball style. What made me go with the 1" ball design over the 1.25" design was that I read Maverick was crashing his ball cup into his Icon coilovers at full droop. Jeremy wrote that his coils were crank pretty high though. Probably an exception rather than a rule.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What made me go with the 1" ball design over the 1.25" design was that I read Maverick was crashing his ball cup into his Icon coilovers at full droop. Jeremy wrote that his coils were crank pretty high though. Probably an exception rather than a rule.
That's definately something to consider....I want to do it right the first time. I've already removed and am going to change a couple mods because I didn't think about future mods and/or they just didn't fit with what I want the FJ to do. I want max travel without damage.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Careful. Some of us have expensive taste when it comes to beer. ;-)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts