FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while changing my oil today that my left inner fender has a small bulge and about a two inch hair line tear starting. I know several of you have had these replaced under warrenty so I have a few questions. What did you tell the dealer? because I know they are going to say I am abusing my truck. If they do cover this under my warrenty how long does it take to fix? Do I get a loner car or will I have to rent one? Is it worth the fix or should I just get some kind of plates welded on to re enforce the problem areas? I guess i`m trying to say is the replacement fenders improved or will they tear just like the original ones? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
popped your cherry, did ya? let me officially welcome you to the family.;D

i can't provide you with any answers to your questions, although i do appreciate you for inquiring. i'll need to address my own bulges in the not too distant future.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Firs off, Go to a shop where someone has had them replaced before I.E. MudLovings dealer. I brought mine to a different one and the decision was made by some schmuck that It wouldnt be covered because of my modifications. I know Mag-Moss law blah blah but once their word is in the computer system it is the final decision. Also word has gotten around Toyota that the tests they have done they found it takes 9G's of force to make them rip. Total BS but thats what they are telling all thir people. I would start by putting your truck back to stock as much as possible. I think the job takes 2 weeks. Arien had his done and nothing lined up correctly and now his second set is torn to hell too. Argg, now I'm all angry.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
jeez...........another one bites the dust. sorry to hear about your situation. hopefully someone can point you in the right direction soon. lots of great advice on these forums so i'm sure you'll get some answers. good luck.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTKrockeTT said:
popped your cherry, did ya? let me officially welcome you to the family.
Thats funny i`m still tearing up. Yep I think me and my deflated cherry are going to have to go talk to a toyota service manager ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts