FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been surfing a few of the FJ forums for HID lighting kits, and I ended up doing my own research with regards to HID "plug n play" kits. After a week of searching, I was forwarded to a company in Placentia, CA called Supreme Power. They have a direct plug-n-play kit for our FJ's (H4 headlight-HID kit). This kit requires absolutely NO WIRE SPLICING at all. After reading and doing the research, i contacted them and made the appt. to have it installed.

It was just installed tonight, so I'll be giving feedback as time progresses. I can say that "the night has turned into day!" Currently, extremely happy!

note: Once hightlights are turned on, the HID's turn off. Also, daytime running lights are still connected, and the HID's are still on as if they were daytime running lights during day.

I'll snap a few pictures tonight and post them up tomorrow-

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you get the low or both low and high beam kit? Japanese or European HID?

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Looks like he got the Low beam HID only. He stated that when the high beams go on, the HID's go off. I'd like to know the price on the Hi/Lo HID's

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update today-

I disconnected the day-time running connectors, now everything works to my liking. parking lights, and HID's- no more daytime running-

DominicG said:
Hi guys, here is the price savings information:
55watt HID kit (new versions used on all 2007> models) true plugnplay $170
35watt HID kit same as above for $150

If you call to order direct, they will acknowledge this discount!
Supreme Power says NO need for group buys for these prices as others have stated online. They can do the install as well, if you feel the need be (as i did). Labor 1 hour for $80. Call them for any questions you have, and just mention these SoCal FJ Forums!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chief_rucka said:
Did you get the low or both low and high beam kit? Japanese or European HID?
I just got the low- There is a high/low HID kit available as well.

FJ-Piper said:
Looks like he got the Low beam HID only. He stated that when the high beams go on, the HID's go off. I'd like to know the price on the Hi/Lo HID's
Give the guys at Supreme Power a call- i just called to get pricing on more goodies for my FJ! - Demello stuff! So i just asked pricing on the hi-lo's for you guys-

$190 55 watt hi/lo HID kit
$170 35watt hi/lo HID kit

;)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
e-mail Response:

Hello

You were inquiring about the H4 hi-low HID kit for FJ Cruiser-

The HID kits that we offer for the FJ/H4 lights are a true HID plug and play, including the Hi/Low kits. With the hi-low kit its required to run a harness (included in kit) to the battery. That is the only thing that needs to be done, everything else is plug-n-play. The Hi/Lo is a single HID bulb, not anything else (xenon, etc). This is a true HID conversion kit, offered at a very low price. We’ll be doing this low price for the FJ’s.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet piper!

============

Well, here are the photos that i thought didn't show earlier on my memory card-

To show the difference with a 55/80watt superwhite H4 bulb (drivers side) vs. HID lighting kit provided by Supreme Power (passenger side)

no flash

with flash

H4 Superwhite

HID 5000k kit

H4 on left, HID on right

hope that helps you guys as much as it has helped me!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just called the guys, The kits are Europen kits. TRUE HID, not bi-xenon. With the Low kit, you'll lose highbeams. DRL retension optional. Just know that if you keep the DRL's they're going to be HID's and therefore really bright during the day. I'm getting mine this week. I'll post, when they're installed.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
yea if you do get the hid kit, do not keep them on as DRL's pull the drl plug located in the engine bay, it will most likely burn out your hids faster.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah the xenonvision kits on the group buy on the blue forum are hi/lo bixenon or low only. Pretty nice. I'm running the 5000k and its a big improvement.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
omegaonne said:
Just called the guys, The kits are Europen kits. TRUE HID, not bi-xenon. With the Low kit, you'll lose highbeams. DRL retension optional. Just know that if you keep the DRL's they're going to be HID's and therefore really bright during the day. I'm getting mine this week. I'll post, when they're installed.
Yup these are the true euro HID's, very very clean plug and play. I used a similar kit on my gf's 330i BMW..Thats exactly what i did with mine as well- disconntected the DRLs, works perfect.

For those interested, Supreme also offers 35 or 55 watt kits as well as 4000-6000k coloring (55watt/5000k is the kit i purchased) If in oc no shipping, you can pick up direct from them! For clarification, these are not xenon kits with projection bulbs.

fjessence said:
yea if you do get the hid kit, do not keep them on as DRL's pull the drl plug located in the engine bay, it will most likely burn out your hids faster.
-thats exactly what i thought, so i disconnected my DRLs after the HID install.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
omegaonne said:
Not sure if there's a difference in kit's but according to Phu, the DRL and High beams run an H4 bulb while the low beam is the Xenon. therefore you can run the drls. But the BiXenons run on the same bulb and would run all times with drl but they also have a low and high beam.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I just went by Supreme and ordered up my HID low kit.. Got the 5000K. The kit was $170 and they will give a deal on the install to all the SoCal FJC forum users.. $50 if you buy the kit from them. $220 installed is a pretty damned good deal if you ask me!

I also ordered a kit to convert my Hella's to HID as well. Can't wait to get them changed over as well!

While I was there, I talked a while with Erik (the owner) and Hubert. They have been doing lights for performance cars for over 30 years and have recently started to get into the FJ line. They are very enthusiastic about getting their name out in the 4x4 realm, hence the great deals they are offering.

I'll post some pics once the lights are installed.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts