FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
CADavebert said:
Nice write up, thanks. One idea.... maybe get the side window visors, so you can put it right above your head. Just an idea. Thansk again for the write up!
Thats not a bad idea, hadnt thought of that, thanks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what one of these to go with.

I'm leaning toward the second one it looks like it might be the most comfortable just not sure if I can pull it off. What do you guys think?

G

·
The rubber band looks less expensive, and is universal. The second one looks a bit bulky, much more expensive, and is size-dependent. It also looks like it will keep your ears warm, too. The third looks a little more expensive, but is also universal and will last longer than the first.

All-in-all, I like the middle one....I like the top-of-the-line stuff :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
IMachU said:
The rubber band looks less expensive, and is universal. The second one looks a bit bulky, much more expensive, and is size-dependent. It also looks like it will keep your ears warm, too. The third looks a little more expensive, but is also universal and will last longer than the first.

All-in-all, I like the middle one....I like the top-of-the-line stuff :D
Thats what I was thinking, plus it will impress the chicks spending the big bucks on a hands free device. ;D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Finally went to the Parrot 3200LS hardwired unit and love it. A little spendy, about $300 installed, but it is nice. When active, either an incoming call ringing or activiated for an outgoing call, it automatically takes over the car speakers even if the stereo is off. The microphone is sensative and apparantly clear on the other end.

This is a truly hands free unit, I simply say "phone", it turns off the stereo and I wait a second for a beep then say the name of the person I want to call. When the call is done, I say "hang up" and the stereo comes back on. The only issue with this is that it comes on whenever I say phone even if I am just speaking to my passenger, so I will change that voice tag to something less commonly said and be all set.

While I was having it installed, I also had the isimple IPod integration wiring installed so now I am hanging wire free in my cab, it's a little thing, but makes a big difference to me. The IPod now can be controlled through the stereo and steering wheel controls. The only issue is that I have the IPod touch and some of the features of the integration unit do not work with the touch like song names on the fjammer display. But my IPod is in plain sight so no big deal. The more complex controls for the IPod require some pretty creative use of the buttons on the fjammer so it is easier to use the IPod anyway.

I will post up some pics tonight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
so it takes over the speakers?? i was looking into one of those pioneer HU with screen so i can get the bluetooth add on but this seems like it would work also for the fraction of the price... i dont use my phone in the car too much so i was wondering if the lower model parrot does the same thing??

scott

G

·
Yes it does. COntact Al and Ed's on Beach Bl in Huntington Beach...they are a sponsor of the Blue Room. I just had my Parrot bluetooth installed there, but it's a higher end model. They all play through the stereo speakers. I really like mine after getting to play with it a couple of days.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
IMachU said:
Yes it does. COntact Al and Ed's on Beach Bl in Huntington Beach...they are a sponsor of the Blue Room. I just had my Parrot bluetooth installed there, but it's a higher end model. They all play through the stereo speakers. I really like mine after getting to play with it a couple of days.
So which model did you get?

I really like my 3200 after using it for a few days now

G

·
I also got the 3200....or is it the 3100....I dunno. It is the most expensive one that JT had advertised in his post. It has the little screen and the wireless remote. I put the remote on the steering wheel, right side just on top of the spoke. VERY easy to operate.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Is it the MK 6100 with the mp3 player built in?

That is nice, the remote is cool, I skipped that one since I use mu ipod for my music so knew I would not use the feature. Also like the color screen on the 3200 even though I really don't need it for anything.

G

·
THAT'S the one. The screen is color? Well, I guess green is a color. I use the iPod as well. But I was also thinking of resale value later on down the road, if I don't kill it on a trail or something :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
So I just got a new job that requires driving and while I'm driving I'm usually on the phone the whole time, going from store to store so here's the question...Where can I get one of these Parrot 3200LS? I want one now, I'm literally on the phone from the second I get in my car to the time I step back out. Our company works on a voicemail system and I'm required to check it every 2 hours from 6am to 6pm...Anyway, where can I get one? Thanks for all the info on here already guys!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
FJCruiserAudio from the Blue Room. JT is a very cool guy, and he has these in stock right now. I was at his shop a couple days ago, and he had, I think, 4 of them.

His store is Al and Ed's in Huntington Beach on Beach Blvd. If you decide to go with JT, give me a PM and if I'm not working I'll meet with you and we can get a bite to eat.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I can get a Parrot through work if you need one. I can get it wholesale in a day. Just pay me back. I use the in ear, high end Motorola one with noise cancel feature. Works great when I use it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use a Blue Ant speakerphone. The volume is good if the windows are up. It was around $70 bucks on Amazon.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts