FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to describe my two experiences with them.

I brought my FJ to them for a oil change with a couple other minor services. The lines (three lanes worth of customers) on Saturday was long which tells me they have a good customer base. I wanted to make sure they lubed whatever the are suppose to and he made a notation on the work order. I got the car back 15 minutes under the estimated time plus the FJ was washed! Other dealerships won't wash the vehicle unless I ask ahead of time. I put a secret mark on the tires to make sure they really rotate them and they did. Yes I have trust issues with dealerships.

My uncle asked me to help him buy a car. I love looking for ad cars and Hamer was the only one that still had (that night) a nice ad car Camry LE. They were patient as we asked to make comparisons between the Camry and Corolla as we test drove both. Of course they mention leasing which was expected but at least they weren't too pushy. My uncle chose the Camry and off we were to the finance dude. We didn't bother to haggle since the ad car was 'below' invoice already. I actually hate haggling and that's why I buy ad cars. (We didn't get an ad car when we bought the FJ since the wifey only wanted BC otherwise I'd be rolling in VooDoo.) My uncle's income is tricky since he has one full time and one seasonal job. he got approved for the special financing and all the number made sense. I brought a laptop as I always do to do my own amortization.

What I liked about this financing experience was that the finance guy reworked the numbers for us. We were getting the special financing in lieu of the rebate but the finance dude lowered the rate and gave us the rebate at the same time. We didn't save money but lowered our starting principal since my uncle kept saying he could pay it off early anyway. It took me awhile to figure out what he was saying but it all made sense in the end. I really appreciated the effort. I was also able to ask for a lower price on the lo-jack.

So Hamer is ok in my book.......for now.

Northridge Toyota -- thumbs down in service and sales.
North Hollywood Toyota is hit and miss for me but I've read bad stories about them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will second that.

When we first stared looking into the FJ's we went local, for that's how I like to shop. We hit up Simi Toyota and had the worst experience ever there. Some know it all kid that knew nothing. We left there very unhappy.
So we then needed another place to look. I remembered from the Two Roads to Baja/Tapo video's that they took theirs to Hammer and was pleased with the service they received. So naturally that's where we went next. We looked and looked and really wanted a new Sandstorm 08. Well They didn't have one with what we needed and we were willing to wait to see what came in, we were in no rush. Next thing you know I received a call about a used TRD that was just off the truck. They allowed me to come down that night and take a look before it was even gone through, which I think was huge because I got to see the condition it was in from the previous owner before the washed all the "details" away.

Well to make a long story short, we got a good deal on it,not a GREAT deal but a good deal. They were able to hit all the numbers that I wanted so on Valentines day last year, my lady was drove home the FJ.

Since then I have purchased a few items from the parts department and everytime they have been able to match the price that I see advertise online! That's cool with me.

As for service, I have done everything myself, but it is time for a check up, I'll let you know how that goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts