FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looked it up and it says the FJ has a 19Gal gas tank... i have never put 19 gallons in it. even with it resting on E and then filling it up to the neck, i think the most i squeezed in was around 16 and most of the time its 15.

and i was pulling about 290 and a little more from a tank, fill it up with about 14-15 gallons and then do the math to see my MPG... wich always made it look like i was getting good milage.

anyone know the real size of the tank and how much have you put in there?

·
Registered
139 Posts
4 gallons left after light comes on? This changes everything! I think I can make it all week driving to work and back without refueling now! haha!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 gallons left after light comes on? This changes everything! I think I can make it all week driving to work and back without refueling now! haha!
ya. being im still basically stock other than the airfilter and rack, thats a good 70miles Hwy i could pull. nice to know on river trips or to Vegas.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I carry (4) 5 gallon cans when I do overnighters and have run the gas whore empty just to see where the gauge would go. It pegged out so it was a fruitless activity but it did take the 4 cans to fill it up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't trust the light when it comes on I hit the gas station. My wife acts like it has E for enough for the rest of the day LOL. Wow after changing the plugs and installing a K&N filter it is doing a lot better on fuel and power!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hola amigos , viajo mucho con mi FJC y realmente el tanque de combustible siempre fue mi problema hasta que me fabricaron en mi país Bolivia un tanque auxiliar de 70 litros extra . No se imaginan la alegria que es recorrer kilómetros sin detenerse en la gasolinera cada dos o tres horas de camino

1 - 12 of 12 Posts