FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so I have a 5 gallon "Blitz" Can with the mount. What's a good way to install it to the factory roof rack. I wanted to use wingnuts so I could remove it easier. I need to install this before mojave in a few weeks. I saw a post somewhere with pics but I can't find it now. :-\

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
x2^^ That is what I use. I have driven hundreds of miles with them mounted on the roof, no leeks no problems.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
how do you mount these to the roof rack bars, i want some too, second in line!

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you look in the pic that Bigkid posted you can see that the mounting bracket has 8 holes. I used two top and two bottom as the mount points. Just adjust your cross bars so the holes are in the middle and drill through them. I used some basic bolts, washers, and nylock nuts to mount them. Get something that won't rust and you are good to go. If you look close you can see the black hardware in Bigkid's pic.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Biggkid said:
installed two on my OEM Rack..

Not sure if you can still get these confer brackets at 4wheel parts!

??? I can't find these anywhere :'( HELP......

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thanks for the link. Now I just need to find the 142 bucks to pay for them ;) O'well in time.....in time :-\!!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
yea so expensive to mount some gas cans, ratchet straps never failed me haha but i will eventually upgrade to this option ;D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yeah I think thats the route I've got to go :-\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts