FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just finished up the project for the year. Thi year we tackled an all new rear end. To start we originally bobbed our be by 24 inches an now we completely cut everything off that was sticking out past the back seats. We then welded off of the frame and designed a new tube rear end. We then redesigned the speaker system in the interior. We have twin competition kenwood subs powered by a 2000 watt amp in a pored box. On top of the box we have 2 kenwood 5 way 6x9 speakers. Then on the ceiling above the drivers and passenger head are two 4in kickers. The 6x9s and 4in are powered by a 700w kenwood amp. All boxes we custom built to fit the truck. Finally we chopped the fender wells and through on some 38.5in swamper tsl tires. On Thursday we are taking the truck into a gears shop an putting 529 gears into the axels. After 7 months of work the truck will be ready to take its first cruise of the year up the Rubicon trail. Hope to see y'all up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drove the truck to Rocklin today to get the gears done and experienced some problems.... At about 25mph I experienced a Nasty death shake. I have 2 inch spacers and a used set of 38.5 used tires that I put on this year. It never did this before the upgraded tires and spacers. I'm going to have the tires correctly balanced and aligned. Any one have any ideas of what else may be wrong? We have checked the torquing of the spacer nuts an of the knuckle studs. Any other ideas??

·
Registered
430 Posts
throw a bag of air soft bb's in the tires to balance them up as the spin they seem to un**** themselves and the death wobble is considerably less. good luck and that as a bad ass rig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.