FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: WIPERS ARE 16/14/14

Are they 16/13/13 or 16/14/14? or ???
anyone else change theres out yet? I was going to post this question on the blue room but we are so weather specific here in so. cali (sun all the time/no rain/dry rotted wipers)...i wanted to find out what everyone else is using and are you happy with them?
I've heard about the silicone desert wipers (good for rain and dirt) but heard they are more sensitive, sticky, etc....dont even know what brand they are.
i'm due for new ones and want to get them on before our so. cali. monsoons hit!! ;D

thanks for your help

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
How do you even turn those things on? Is there a thread on that somewhere? The only wiper i know is paper and comes of a small little cardboard tube.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hahahahaah....

Chris....can you just measure the wipers on your FJ and just get replacement blades? Or take them off and take them into the parts store and match them up to the ones on the rack?

I know that many have bought the PIAA replacement wipers, but ended up just getting the cheapies. I will be getting the cheapies when it's time to replace mine (right around next month).

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys suck! :) :-*

i just looked online and they are 16/14/14
i dont want to spend the money on the silicone ones if they arent well liked. (they seem to range from 15-29$$ depending on website/company)

i'll probly get the cheapies also for now......just weighing my options....so shut up. :)

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
16/14/14

I could not find 14's anywhere except for the crappy brand in red wrapping. bought them and they actually work fairly decent.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I always thought that all 3 were the same size guess i`ll have to bust out the measuring tape. I like the ones you see on tv that are the thick rubber and are $17.99 ea. I can`t remember the name of them but I can`t bring myself to spend $54.00 plus shipping either.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Thats nuts!

Those cheesy pythons i got at walmart were less than $3 each. And they work real good, might not last as long though :D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup.....cheesy pythons are probly the route i'm going to go too for now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered a set of Trico NeoForms under the NAPA name (from NAPA). 1-16 and 2-14s I should have them Tuesday. If anyone else is looking... The NAPA part number for the 14-inch is WIP 601443 (drivers side is WIP 601643).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, I guess it's that time of year to think about getting new wipers. I so rarely use mine that I still have the OEM blades on them. And they show, too....streaky!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts