FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I find if kind of odd that the front air bag goes off in a side impact. Its not like it helps protect the passenger front hitting his head on the b-pillar or window.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
I think if you t-boned hard enough, all the airbags might as well go off since it's totaled anyway :D

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Thanks very much for posting this up. I've been curious to see the airbags deploy so I can identify safe areas to mount accessories without them becoming projectiles launched by the airbags. This helps

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's also nice to know that the truck has little-to-no cabin intrusion with the frontal impact. I feel safer!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DominicG said:
side note: that song makes me want to destroy bunnies.
I beat you...12 down :p jk

FJ-Piper said:
Thanks very much for posting this up. I've been curious to see the airbags deploy so I can identify safe areas to mount accessories without them becoming projectiles launched by the airbags. This helps
Oh yeah, no problem. I had a feeling a few of you would be intersted as I was with the protection/integrity of the FJ - under "accident" conditions. Yeah no accessories in the eyeballs! ;D

FJDave said:
It's also nice to know that the truck has little-to-no cabin intrusion with the frontal impact. I feel safer!
yup

nice find too CADavebert

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pretty cool. They could at least have put the spare tire covers on straight before demolishing those poor FJs. For some reason I felt the most sorry for the Black Cherry one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts