FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been doing a lot of extensive research online about alternatives to Bushwacker fender flares. I'm ready to upgrade my rims and tires, but I need more coverage on either side. No offense to anyone that has BW flares, I just don't like the way they look. I found these on a Japanese website some time ago, and I've been putting off buying them because of the price. After a few months of managing my expenses, I think I'm ready to (painfully) part ways with the cash and just buy the product that I want. Here's my problem: the page in mostly in Japanese. Even Google Translate doesn't really get me a decent translation. Has anyone ever bought these before? Were there any catches, and can I trust the website? Also, if anyone knows of any obscure, stateside alternative that I haven't come across, please let me know. I like the factory look, and that's what I'm wanting to stick with. The website and a pic are attached. Thanks guys!

Google Translate

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Mike, Funjunkie can probably get his wife to translate he stays in Japan. I don't know if he's on the boat or on land but pm him.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Did anybody notice the aux. light inside the bumper wing? That's pretty bad a s s.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mike is on the boat but luckly my japanese lady is in hot ass hanford with me and I will have her look it over. BTW...those are sexy but I couldnt pay that much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok guys, here is the deal. My wife just talked to the shop....All four fender flares for ¥50,000. No free shipping to the states, they have to contact a japanese shipping agency to figure prices to ship to the states. Here is the kicker NO AMERICAN CREDIT CARDS ¥CASH¥ ONLY, JAPANESE CREDIT IS OK! Not sure why they wont take american credit but thats what the old lady is telling me. Soooo....you can try to work a deal with mike and his wife other than that its not going to be any easier as far as I can tell. Hope this helps...even tho it didnt move us in the direction we wanted.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Cash only and $1000......:rofl::rofl::rofl:....sorry no can do. Thats just so much money for something your going to scratch, dent, break on a trail. A grand can buy alot of other mods

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad a lot of you guys agree that these look better than the BWs. If Mike (Funjunkie) is over there, maybe we could go through him and toss him a "finders fee" for his troubles? All the headache would have been enough to deter me, but the price dropping to 50,000¥ ($635), was enough to keep my interest.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
635 is still too much $$ for something you will eventually brake. Yes I do have bushwackers and do think they look better and are cheaper, the reason I have them in the first place is because they where replaced under insurance claim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I totally understand that. It is a risk, but I don't play *that* hard, so they should last me a good while. The BW are definitely the better deal, but there's a lot to be said for just being happy with your rig, visually as well as functionally. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Warrior has some steel tube fenders that appear to extend further with similar lines. I don't know what kind of front bumper you have, these would definitely tie in with a tube bumper.

Larry has them on sale at Dirty Parts for about $850 a set of 4, < $750 unpainted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts