FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this issue for a bit and come up with a few ideas. I know alot of people have been turned down by toyota for various reasons and been told different things about the root cause.

I came up with a couple things i would like to test and compare. I will eventualy need a bone stock FJ (No lift, stock tires, no aftermarket bumpers etc.) and a heavily modified one, maybe even a few that have bad tears. The tests I would like to 'perform' would be completely non intrusive just need to take some measurements. If this sounds like something you would be interested in working on with me, let me know by PM, don't respond here.

Any questions and comments are greatfully welcomed here though. I'll keep this updated as I work on this more.

Please, please... keep this information here, on this forum.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
My thoughts on the matter are that Toyota, in an attempt to cut back on costs and weight, utilized steel THROUGHOUT the FJ Cruiser that is not thick enough for a vehicle of this caliber. This vehicle was and is being touted as one that belongs on the trails as is evident from Toyota's marketing however too many engineering shorcuts and rounding calculations down rather than up have resulted in an Awesome looking vehicle that really just doesn't cut the mustard for what we want to do with them. With that being said, there are several aftermarket parts that we throw at the many little issues to overcome these shortsights, some only to make us feel better about the ones we cant fix (inner fender tears.)

I love my car and I will keep it despite these shortcommings.

I reserve the right to edit this later when I have more time. Now I'm off to buy food, booze and other supplies to wheel in Joshua Tree tomorrow and Sunday WAHOOOOOOOO! Yeah! FJ Cruiser..... peace out! ;D

P.S. My untorn rig is available for testing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts