FJ Cruiser Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
K. added you as a friend. This this is like a virus. Scary to see how many poeple in my contact popped up. Self replicating monster!!!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
OMG. noobness leaking through? lol.

Teach me how or give me time to figure it out. Let me make it, you can polish it :D.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
send me a friend link to the group or page on FB too. (or i'll look for it later)

k...so date and location are set. sounds like we need to conference call soon and we need to get tater in on this.

tater has letters all made out for sponsors/donations, etc........lets take advantage of what hes already got and put into place.

we should set up a paypal acct thru the website for registration.
i have alot of random thoughts going on in my pea brain head of mine. i'm ready to do whatever you guys want me to do.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Chris, still working out the kinks on FB. Not sure if a page can be a standalone or does it need to be linked to a profile.

In regards to sponsors, I've had a pretty good relationship with them and have always sent personal invitations. Some of them are best done through phone-which I have.

What I really don't want to see is AllCal become a corporate like event. I like to keep it grassroots with a lot of local help. I need help with paypal and registration. Not sure how to properly set that up.

Chris, I may be able to get Rick (Hummers) to help out with the BBQ. He's quite a chef and has done many large events. He also have a very nice field kitchen that can easily handle 100+! Can you start to look at menu and estimate a budget?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Chris, I may be able to get Rick (Hummers) to help out with the BBQ. He's quite a chef and has done many large events. He also have a very nice field kitchen that can easily handle 100+! Can you start to look at menu and estimate a budget?

Thanks.
tony....have you discussed this with rick yet?
do we have an idea of # of people/children so we can price this out?
is there a slush fund to use for expenditures? food and supplies is going to be expensive.

anything else new going on in the hood?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I think we should expect to have 130 adults and maybe 25 children. We can always add more. Once we can get a budget, we can work on the fees. Slush fund? Not familiar with that. We can get paypal going and can get some funds rather soon that way. The Hummer guys are pretty busy now with their event. I'll give him a ring in a week or so. I've already given Matt a lot of content and I'm sure he's got his hands full :D.

Matt, do you have a list of vendors that you plan to contact?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Tony...you might want to post dates and info on the NorCal sight. it might be easier if you post it so you can go in and change/update your OP as info becomes available.

"slush fund" : a stash of money readily available

*i'll wait till you talk to rick then get serious about shopping and pricing stuff out. dont want to spend alot of time doing something if he has differant ideas, etc.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
What do you guys think about having a couple food trucks show up instead of worrying about cooking, etc? Just a thought...could put an interesting spin on things.
i like that idea very very much!!!!! that would be cool....food trucks being all the rage now....that would be differant and fun.

would SoCal host the trucks...or folks would be responsible for buying their own food?
or catered by mexican restaurant? (that seems to be the cheapest)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I was traveling for the last week. Back now and with photos! :)

Anyway, the food truck idea is novel, but it won't happen. The truck won't be able to make it to our location.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.