FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good start, I'll try and update post one with the latest "stuff".

Matt, if you can confirm location, we can move forward with date. After that it's identifying activities around the area.

Chris, thanks for getting in touch with Cris.

I've spoke to Greg again and he's looking for us. Maybe we can borrow Psycho Ranch, which is right next to 3N59A and in the heart of some great wheeling!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friday to Sunday. Come in on Friday and leaving Sunday by around noon.

I just emailed a Psycho member (Hummer club), hopefully he can come through for us.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, facility sounds great. If we have 150 people, that would be $20/person. If 90 vehicles, then it becomes $36/person. Are they flexible on pricing at all?

I hear a little noise about the Psycho Ranch this morning. Still waiting for the big boss to respond (owner).

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw, are the sites really close to each other? How far is the common parking area to this? I know people like to be close to their vehicles.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here it is: 34.361977,-117.114252

Sorry I couldn't get google map to show a proper link (office is running ie 6!), but if you paste that in, it'll show. Our trail (3N59A) is just below. You can actually see it from their ranch.

Matt,

Looked at the map link. Place looked awesome. If they can bring down the price a bit, I'd jump on it!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Better then pictures.

The video shows a little bit of the facility. We'll have to plan a visit to see more. I think you'll like it. It's a stone's throw away from OUR trail and has great views. Easy to get to as well. This place puts us in the middle of tons of great trails.

We just need to decide on a date now. I like the 4th of July weekend, but not sure what others have planned. Let's talk about this and open it up tomorrow to the masses.

Bobo, BBQ is entiresly feasible now as we have access to kitchen and a very well equipped mobile kitchen. Maybe I can get Rick, the master BBQ'er to donate some of his expertise.

So we know the event will be $25/vehicle at the minimum. Maybe we can make it $10 more for the meal and maybe a sticker? I'm thinking of giving away 1 raffle ticket per person, but allow the sell of more and with some of the extras going to AAT general funds and some toward the forum as well?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Matt, you want to talk to Steve about the site? I like having control over it and it's kind of hard to work it through him when it's us doing most of the work this year. But, he did have a site set up so would only be polite to explain.

Wish you can go with me Sunday!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm leaving EARLY Sunday. Need to be at ranch around 9:30. It's the only way unfortunately.

I would prefer an easier name as well. "AllCalFJ" should be in the name somewhere. If that's taken, then we can add "events", "meet", or whatever other phrases that makes sense.

Matt, I'm cool with the shirt stuff. I needed to appear impartial with Eric as you can understand. It's easier to keep things centralized.

Keeping fingers crossed that the ranch will work out. Great location. Just hope it is truly big enough!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.