FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All:

Recently did some 100,000 mile maintenance on my 2007 FJ. Engine Coolant & Transmission Fluid Flush & replace as well as front/back shocks. $1,500 later when I got it back, my AC only blows cold air at night when it’s 60 degrees. And even at night on the freeway, it’s no where near as cold as it was bf the service. During the day, (@70 degrees outside) I can just barley feel cold air if I put my hand right next to the vent & put the vents setting to blow only up top. Yes it has 100,000 on it but the AC was working very good/blowing cold before I brought it in & it was even hotter outside. It would blow cold when idling, but blows very warm now.

Called mechanic who did service, was told the engine coolant flush/replace has NOTHING to do with the AC. So they want to charge me again ($152) to check AC/recharge it & add Freon if it’s low. And more $$ if there’s a bigger issue.

My question - did this mechanic out and out lie that the AC problem is “purely coincidental” & has NOTHING to do with the service they did (engine coolant service)? Should I take it to someone else? (Think I know the answer to that). However, I have taken the FJ to them 2x before & never had a problem.

It just really irks me because I had to take out a small loan to pay the $1500 bill & now they want to charge me again right away without even checking to see if they caused the issue.

My last thing I’m going to try is changing the cabin filter… it’s due. But the [email protected]#m AC was working beautifully before I had them do the engine coolant service.
Mammal Font Rectangle Handwriting Circle

***the above is what was done to the coolant system
Thank you all in advance!

Lisa S.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts