FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has installed dynamat, or the like in their FJ's?

There are like 500k threads in the BR about it and i just got lost in them.

Got some questions about it..

How much do i need for the the floor and roof?

And

I need one that's water resistant.. are there any?

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTKrockeTT said:
as if your truck wasn't heavy enough.
It's not that heavy.. besides, it's missing half the interior right now :D

Tuesday morning, the rest of it comes out, then the roof rack comes off. This thing will weigh nothin!

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tubig said:
I've heard that Line-X works as a good sound insulator especially when applied to the whole vehicle ;)
One day.. i will be line-x'd olive drab :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Dom get your tape measure out and figure out the length and width and multiply the two to give you the square feet need. Should be pretty easy to figure really. Or try and get Todd to chime in since he's done his.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FunJunkie said:
Why you takin the rack off?? ???
I have a real bad roof leak under the right a-pillar.. so i'm going to go back and seal the rack mounts correctly, to make sure it never leaks again. Then i'm going to pre-wire the roof for lights while i have the

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dominic if you are trying to keep down the noise from girls screaming in ecstasy in the back seat, you should just quit being such a stud.

It's freakin heavy. It's basically tar roof shingle material with aluminum backing.

I did the entire interior. Everywhere. It was probably 150-200 lbs. And unfortunately I can't tell you guys if it really helps unless you drive my truck and compare it to yours. I just don't know. Wrigman's was so quiet I couldn't believe it and he hasn't done anything to it as you know.

I have this major loud exhaust. Last month I spent all day washing the underside and then I spraypainted rubber undercoating in the back half. Then you start it up and drive around, and ask yourself - if it is any quieter? Well crap... I just couldn't tell.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeshua said:
Dom get your tape measure out and figure out the length and width and multiply the two to give you the square feet need. Should be pretty easy to figure really. Or try and get Todd to chime in since he's done his.
Thanks! See if i ever passed math i might have known that :D

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Air2air said:
Dominic if you are trying to keep down the noise from girls screaming in ecstasy in the back seat, you should just quit being such a stud.

It's freakin heavy. It's basically tar roof shingle material with aluminum backing.

I did the entire interior. Everywhere. It was probably 150-200 lbs. And unfortunately I can't tell you guys if it really helps unless you drive my truck and compare it to yours. I just don't know. Wrigman's was so quiet I couldn't believe it and he hasn't done anything to it as you know.

I have this major loud exhaust. Last month I spent all day washing the underside and then I spraypainted rubber undercoating in the back half. Then you start it up and drive around, and ask yourself - if it is any quieter? Well crap... I just couldn't tell.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't have the problem with loud exhaust/engine noise luckily, but, the wind noise with the roof rack is insane! I can't hear my stereo after 65 :eek:

I've been driving around for the last couple days with no interior or seats in the rear half and it is a lot louder!! So, if just the plastic paneling blocks that much noise, i imagine the matting will do much more.

Where did you get the rubber coating?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts