FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to grandma for hooking me up with some dead benjamin's on Christmas eve, I tell ya. I ripped thru the card, grab the money and in an instant bolted out the door over to Kragen's auto. I think I slammed the door to the house closed faster than the envelope could fall to the ground. I was lucky that I had some 40amp relays sitting around the house. and some add-a-circuit's from my (very) old car stereo install days of the 80's in the garage. These darn things are so bright it is like driving around with my own personal "SUN" lol. I have not quite finished the wiring yet but tested each light already to make sure they work. They were $99.00 each and on top of that the clerk gave me 10% off so I saved $30.00 that covered the tax and left me with enough to get 2 burritos and a large Pepsi at the Bell next door. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taco bell is all I eat anymore. I mean you can feed a small country on $20.00 from there. The food is cheep. ;D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mattmainster said:
Those look great on the Intense bumper. I've been planning on getting them also, just haven't gotten around to it.
If and when you do your gonna love it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I finished off the hook up of all the wires and relays today. In a little bit I will head over to the park and snap a few pics

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
looks sweet! ;D

i've had these HIDs in kragen's shopping cart on no less than 5 different occassions now, but i haven't able to pull the trigger yet. i need to see these in person and at night against my 580s for comparison, just to see exactly how much brighter they are.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK so I went over to the park tonight. For reference I was parked head in with my front end up against the grass shooting into the park.

In this first pic is me sitting in the car with just my head lights on. I am using a Apple iPhone 3G at 3mp.

In this pic is the same angle with head lights and 3 HID lights on

In this pic is about a 45 degree shot from 10 feet away. It is the best one I think. All lights on. NO high beams.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
let there be light, those things are so darn bright, love it

·
Registered
133 Posts
acetechno, SWEEET LOOKING BUMPER! your grandma hooked you up. I like your choice! Here's mine;

will see you out there one day ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts