FJ Cruiser Forum banner

driving problem

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Blown383 
#1 ·
Ok I know this is hard to explain or even know what it is but I'm trying to just get some input. So I'm driving my rig around 40 mph and a gringing noise started happening out nowhere. I can start driving again then it starts again. No leaks. I recently installed spacers in running 35s and regeared a year ago. Idk just looking for some input thanks

#2 ·
Check those goofy guards around your brake disc. If you start to have a bearing get loose they guard will rub. Sometime a rock will also get in there and rattle around rub also.

#5 ·
Let's just for a moment forget the sound. We see a drive shaft connected to the 3rd member. We see the yolk and the shaft spin. We do not see the rig move any distance to the tree in the background. That sound I am thinking is related to the wheels not moving. The last time I heard that sound is was related to a trash truck. I think if you pull that third member you will finds parts that belong in a trash truck.
Who did your gear? Lowest bidder?

Reactions: moodywizard
#9 ·
Let's just for a moment forget the sound. We see a drive shaft connected to the 3rd member. We see the yolk and the shaft spin. We do not see the rig move any distance to the tree in the background. That sound I am thinking is related to the wheels not moving. The last time I heard that sound is was related to a trash truck. I think if you pull that third member you will finds parts that belong in a trash truck.
Who did your gear? Lowest bidder?
Lol man its the diff. I had a friend do my gears he's a good person but now that I second think idk. It's under a year warrentry and it expired 3 days ago so iv been going back and fourth with it on him. He should help me out with something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.