FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just wanted to give a little introduction to our company. Right now we're working on mostly billet aluminum accessories. We've tossed around ideas of carbon fiber, lighting, plastics and other products. We have Billet trim pieces for pedal covers, shift knobs, some excessory pieces, etc. If you guys have any ideas for products that might fit our capabilities but the market isn't providing you shoot them our way and we'll see what we can do.

Pages 5 and 6 show some of our product specificly for the FJ. We have a couple other ideas that we're working on from FJ specific offroad lighting options to fire extinguisher mounts.

http://www.drakeoffroad.com/catalogs/03A-DrakeOffRoad-All_2010.pdf

Khris

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Obviously if you have any questions feel free. We're new to thise market and curious to see how it does. The owner is always a little skeptical to jump into new markets but as he sees the sales it gives him more willingness to jump into larger more invested projects and it allows us to have more fun!

Khris

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually going to push for that starting in our next product planning meeting. Most of the feedback I've been getting across the board is the same. "badass parts but can I get them in black?"

And what the heck, since the topic of black popped up. Here's the latest thing I've been working on. This is designed to bolt to any flat surface and has an arch machined in it with means to hose clamp it to 1.75" dia. tubing but really most common sized tubing will work.

All I have is prototypes... We probably won't see these till mid March I'm guessing right now. Looking to retail around $70ish. DON'T HOLD ME TO THESE FIGURES THOUGH!!!!! I shouldn't really even be posting these but I thought you guys might get a kick out them...

This is it mounted to the cage in my personal truck.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
By the way, that extinguisher mount has been approved by NHRA to use in their santioned races so we're pretty confident it should hold up to most needs.

Anyways, that comment below about the billet roof rack just made me think about mounting systems for like hilifts, shovels, gas cans, oversized spare tires, light mounts, etc. I'm sure this stuff exists but I'm going to look into it. And if it doesn't... WOW... :rofl: I could easily work this quick release system into all sorts of roof rack mounts! My only concern myself is theft which kind of sucks. I haven't really thought of a nice easy way to make things locable and still stylish. A big honkin master lock haning off the bracket just kinda kills the finished product in my mind you know...

Hmmmm, thoughts are definately coming to mind from that comment below... Interesting...

I just walked out and noticed the roof rack on our FJ here is 1.75" diameter tubing. That's exactly the size I designed that fire extinguisher mount to work for. (happens to be the size of tubing the cage in my truck is made of... Hint hint... LOL) Should mount perfect on one of those if you wanted to.

(on a side note... So I'm active on forums but never been an "admin" in any sections. LOL, I just on accident found the "edit" button. Almost made a change where I didn't mean to... whoops! LOL)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Looking at the billet pedals you guys make and I had a thought. Here's a product suggestion: a replacement (left foot) dead pedal. The stock plastic one is so flimsy--you can feel it shifting if you ever stomped on it to brace...

I have a billet dead pedal in my Z06, but it is only a surface appearance plate. The FJ needs one that is a little more solid, structurally, than just a front surface cover.

:shaka:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
^ i agree scott, my plastic dead pedal broke about 30k miles ago hahha:rofl: that thing is designed retarded and stupid weak

·
Banned
259 Posts
I'm actually going to push for that starting in our next product planning meeting. Most of the feedback I've been getting across the board is the same. "badass parts but can I get them in black?"

And what the heck, since the topic of black popped up. Here's the latest thing I've been working on. This is designed to bolt to any flat surface and has an arch machined in it with means to hose clamp it to 1.75" dia. tubing but really most common sized tubing will work.

All I have is prototypes... We probably won't see these till mid March I'm guessing right now. Looking to retail around $70ish. DON'T HOLD ME TO THESE FIGURES THOUGH!!!!! I shouldn't really even be posting these but I thought you guys might get a kick out them...

This is it mounted to the cage in my personal truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRIpMR3f6D4
Like it!! and yes, anything black for sure...

·
Registered
684 Posts
I almost broke the dead pedal putting on shoes and then almost again when i was stretching. Billet one! I will test if for you!

-Jace

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the black billet grab handles in my FJ! Hoping they start making some more black goods!

Wait, you have one of our grab handles in black? If so did you have it anodized or did you get it directly from us? If you got it straight from us, wow, how'd you score that set cause I know for a fact there was only one set that ever got done in black! They did look like a really nice piece though for sure!!!

The owner drives his FJ daily so when he gets into work a little later this morning I'll go steal his ride and check out the dead pedal. I know exactly what you guys are talking about though, I'll check into it... I have a tacoma that I'm storing for a friend of mine and the few times I've driven it I've noticed it seems kinda flimsy... I'm sure it's the exact same one that's in the FJ.

Khris

·
Registered
373 Posts
how about a group buy on some billet aluminum a/c knobs !!!! :YEP:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmmmmmm, passed the request on to the decision makers. How much interest from others on here would there be in some sort of group buy discounts would there be if they decided to go for something along those lines?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Works for me! Do you have my number? (hit me up on f/b if you need it.) Where you staying? We can hit up that place or I know one other that has equally good "quality" of service as well. I've never been disappointed by the eye candy working at either of the places. The other place is near the strip almost directly behind the MGM about a block or two. "BJ's" for anyone that's curious... And no, it's not the restaurant chain...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts