FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry fellow FJ Members...Haven't posted in awhile due to work and kids soccer...

Long story short..I have had nothing but problems with my rear Bilstein 5160 shocks...Left side lower shock mount sheared off earlier this year and my right side just busted a seal and is leaking oil.

I called Downsouth where I purchased them from and they were very understanding and confused as to why they would fail so soon. They stepped up and are shipping me a new set at no cost to me and I will be returning the failed shocks.

I really like promoting and posting positive reviews when vendors step up and go above and beyond to take care of the customer..... just my 2 cents.

Thanks Downsouth Motorsports!!! Awesome customer service. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Sorry fellow FJ Members...Haven't posted in awhile due to work and kids soccer... Long story short..I have had nothing but problems with my rear Bilstein 5160 shocks...Left side lower shock mount sheared off earlier this year and my right side just busted a seal and is leaking oil. I called Downsouth where I purchased them from and they were very understanding and confused as to why they would fail so soon. They stepped up and are shipping me a new set at no cost to me and I will be returning the failed shocks. I really like promoting and posting positive reviews when vendors step up and go above and beyond to take care of the customer..... just my 2 cents. Thanks Downsouth Motorsports!!! Awesome customer service. :cheers:
I was at FJ Summit and one of the guys on my trail broke his Bilsteins. We weren't doing anything intensive.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bilstein headquarters is looking into the issue as well. I spoke with the warranty dept manager and she is very interested in determining what caused both failures.

She actually reached out to me so hopefully they can pinpoint any production issues and correct the problem(s). I will keep the forum posted on what they find out.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
30 years ago you had KYB and Bilstein and the Bilstein was a little better ride but fragile. I tried them again in 2000 on my Montero and they failed so I went with OME. I am sure they have public relations down pat.

Reactions: BigDouggieDoug
1 - 7 of 7 Posts