FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downey Suspension 1.25 spacers.Steering feels stiffer.Will re-torque them in 500 miles. Now I have plenty on clearance on the front upper arms.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
79 bucks for the pair.They are hub centric also same as the spider's. I took the car on a freeway test.Did good at high speeds 80 +.No woble or nothing.i like how it handles.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I like the look when the tires stick out and it will help your stability as well.

Before I bought my OME stilts and shoes (lift and tires), I was discussing options with my buddy who works with 4 Wheel Parts. He was against putting spacers on Toyotas because "Toyotas have weak hub assemblies". Has anyone had any issues using spacers on their FJ, off road or otherwise?

Also, by putting on the spacers, do you still need to do the body mount chop if you run 305s?

Thanks for the post Oscarr!
~B

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Kokopeli said:
I like the look when the tires stick out and it will help your stability as well.

Before I bought my OME stilts and shoes (lift and tires), I was discussing options with my buddy who works with 4 Wheel Parts. He was against putting spacers on Toyotas because "Toyotas have weak hub assemblies". Has anyone had any issues using spacers on their FJ, off road or otherwise?

Also, by putting on the spacers, do you still need to do the body mount chop if you run 305s?

Thanks for the post Oscarr!
~B
There are many that are running spacers, including me. Some have offroaded them very hard and they have held up well....

I'm still running the 265s so I could not answer to the 305 question. I know this hind sight being 20/20, I would have lifted then added wheels and tires to get the correct offset and backspacing thus eliminating the need for the spacers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
most likely because you are pushing wheel n' rim outward less space at full lock position..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts