FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has one but is not sure he can join, his rig really is only good for smooth graded roads, every time we go out on a hard trail he has to be towed, but it sounds like this group really doesnt do very many hard trails. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
there's quite a few 4x2s on this board. it's community first, vehicle a distant 2nd. even though it's "SoCal FJCruisiers," i doubt matt, arien, or any of the other mods will kick off anyone who doesn't own a FJ. in fact there are a few members here that don't own, or no longer own a FJ.

as for the "doesnt do very many hard trails" comment...hard is subjective, and many here have tackled the most difficult trails in the SoCal geo-centric area and beyond (Moab, Rubicon, etc). that said, there will always be owners that, due to varying degrees of experience, vehicle mods, or common sense ;), will prefer to take the road more travelled.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I will speak as a moderator now: We, as a board, do not dis-include anyone on this board. All we ask is that you have a love for off-road driving, friendship, and fun.

That said, speaking as an FJ owner: I don't care what anyone drives. Let's just hit some trails!

Ok, narrowing it down as a 4X2 FJ owner: I own one of the 7% of FJs that were made in 4x2. I have done some trails that everyone said I'd never make, and as a rookie driver too. The FJ is highly capable in 4X2....you just have to pick your lines a little more carefully, and momentum is your friend. Wrigman is one of the most awesome 4x2 FJ drivers around. So, tell your friend that he's really missing out by not joining up! There is NO REASON not to, and EVERY reason to join!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish I got the 4x4, but the 4x2 can keep up on most runs. The biggest issues I've noticed with mine aren't in mud, but in deep sand.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
ocotillow said:
I have a friend who has one but is not sure he can join, his rig really is only good for smooth graded roads, every time we go out on a hard trail he has to be towed, but it sounds like this group really doesnt do very many hard trails. Thanks.
We dont?

All 4x2's are welcome.. except dave.. he's just, here. :D :D :D j/k!

·
Registered
478 Posts
No hard trails?

Just check out Piper's recent adventures in Calico or Dominic's recent John Bull run...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This guy made a rude comment, then left. It appears HE was the one who couldn't do the hard trails, not the rig....:D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There are many great advantages over a 4x4 when you drive and own a 4x2. The things you don't have to worrie about are broken front difs, broken front drive shafts, water being sucked in to your transfer case, 2 gear shitters to confuse you, or that whole a-trac/b-trac thing. 2wd can go faster, better gas milage, be a true prerunner, not some poser 4x4 trying to look like prerunner, only one gear shifter, can get more lift without having to spend more money for a front dif drop mod. We are a bread of our own. We are the elite. We have claim to be the better seven percent of the fj owners out there. We are better looking and our chicks are hotter also. We hold our own and don't back down to those who drive 4x4s. LOL

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks guys. I thougt that up while on me lunch break. On a 4x2 side note: my milk shake taste better than yours. Damn right!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Acetechno said:
There are many great advantages over a 4x4 when you drive and own a 4x2. The things you don't have to worrie about are broken front difs, broken front drive shafts, water being sucked in to your transfer case, 2 gear shitters to confuse you, or that whole a-trac/b-trac thing. 2wd can go faster, better gas milage, be a true prerunner, not some poser 4x4 trying to look like prerunner, only one gear shifter, can get more lift without having to spend more money for a front dif drop mod. We are a bread of our own. We are the elite. We have claim to be the better seven percent of the fj owners out there. We are better looking and our chicks are hotter also. We hold our own and don't back down to those who drive 4x4s. lol
You sure are a bread of your own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts