FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in Anza Borrego was a blast! Definitely recommended to anyone just starting out (like me) in order to learn things in a supervised environment. I feel much more confident, and did things I never thought I could. Bill Burke and Chris Nelson not only did a great job teaching the "classroom" portions of the weekend and leading the trail runs, but they also made themselves extremely accessible for anyone who had a question about anything. I had plenty of FJC specific questions and they were all answered. I can't think of how the weekend could have been more enjoyable or informative. We had a contributing editor and photographer from 4wd Toyota Owner magazine attending, and they were in our particular group. That means you can go to this site if interested: mikeregala.com Enter the "events" link, and after you're finished being distracted by the scantily-clad women (you're welcome), you can see the pictures the photog took during Dirty Toy School. Nothing like having a professional photographer follow you around for two days while you're wheeling your new FJ. 8) Enjoy the pix!

John

BTW, if you go straight to the truck pictures, you need to seek help for your FJ obsession...really man, seek help! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what happened with the fj40 rolling over?
Combination of short wheel base, 6" lift, and a carburated engine which stalled when it was almost vertical just when it needed a little front wheel kick to pull the rear end down. It stood on its nose for a second and came down on its left side, rolled once (sideways, not end to end like picture shows might happen) and landed on its feet. Driver 100% unhurt. We folded/strapped the front windshield down, removed soft top and he drove out. (Started right up too!). Scary to watch. I came down that same spot just prior to the two trucks you see in the picture, right behind Bill Burke in his Defender, and another FJC that was lifted with 285's, and I don't think I'd do it again in my stock FJC. A little too much pucker for me personally, but I'm glad I've got it on my resume now. I've been in contact with driver, and he's already getting a replacement windshield, and plans to put in a full cage.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Awsome pics. The girls in the green and white "cheer leader" uniforms were my favorite 8). The offroad pictures were ok to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, that spot where the 40 rolled is ridiculously steep and huge! Nastier downhill than anything I've ever been on... awesome!! ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts