FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i (or hubby) put on the 3" toytec lift i also ordered the diff drop kit. i have bud built skids and the diff drop kit wont fit without altering (which is a total PITA per hubby) the skids. sooo....the diff drop kit is still in the box. my question: those of you that lifted---> did you put on a diff drop kit or not? should i not worry about it?

·
Registered
857 Posts
BoBoNel said:
when i (or hubby) put on the 3" toytec lift i also ordered the diff drop kit. i have bud built skids and the diff drop kit wont fit without altering (which is a total PITA per hubby) the skids. sooo....the diff drop kit is still in the box. my question: those of you that lifted---> did you put on a diff drop kit or not? should i not worry about it?
There is no need for a diff drop kit on an FJC. It was designed to accommodate the ADD (Automatic Differential Disconnect) system on earlier Tacomas. When those where lifted over 2.5", the axle shafts would pull out slightly, and the sensor would not allow 4wd to engage.
The FJC does not seem to be affected the same way, and the CVs are designed to work at greater angles than the earlier Tacomas, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts