FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Adavantage Demello!

So yesterday on my way to drop off my son at my Dad's in the AM, I come to a red light at the corner of Rosecrans and Vermont in Gardena. It's about 6:20AM and the weather is nice, sun is up and iPhone has some Jack Johnson tunes playing. The light turns green and I proceed to follow the two cars infront of me...all of a sudden I feel something hit my tire and the rig starts to wobble a bit. This is followed by crunching sounds and then some peep squeek horn like the OEM FJ horn. I think, "is that a fellow forums member trying to get my attention?" I hit the hazards and put the rig in park. As I walk around the driver's side to the rear I notice no damage. Then come around the passenger rear and notice this:

I am like WTF??? Here I am in a lane stopped and the light turns green and this dude decides to get in the same lane? I checked out my rig and there was no visible damage until I saw this:

*This was not taken at the accident.

The driver and I exchange some words because he said he wanted make a left from the lane he was in. I told him that could not be possible from his lane because the left turn lane is the lane to my left. There are three lanes heading West and 1 turn lane there. I was in the far left and he was in the middle going straight. So we pull over to a parking lot and he admits he just got off from working a 12 hour shift at LAX and was really tired. He apologizes over and over and over again. I tell him don't worry, buy a new hub cap and buff out your bumper to remove the Demello powder coating and you should be OK. We traded info and went on our way.

Long story short, Demello slider are not only good off road but great on pavement!!

Thanks Jason for making a strong product.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could only imagine the damage other sliders like the Trail Gear, AP w/ kick out or Meta Tech's would have caused. Not that these are any stronger the DOs but they do stick out more. Probably would have ripped off the Corolla's front bumper.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
well at least it looks like you use them now......:rofl: !!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Good story Bruno. I've had my share of similar incidence too. I was in a parking lot and someone was backing up. She back into my driver side. Shoved my FJ a bit but her bumper is toast. She was scared so I didn't have to say too many words. Without the slider, repairs would've been very costly.

Maybe I should ask for insurance reduction due to the addition of a safety device. :idea:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good story Bruno. I've had my share of similar incidence too. I was in a parking lot and someone was backing up. She back into my driver side. Shoved my FJ a bit but her bumper is toast. She was scared so I didn't have to say too many words. Without the slider, repairs would've been very costly.

Maybe I should ask for insurance reduction due to the addition of a safety device. :idea:
Good one T...

Some already offer the following:

Good Driver Discount
Tenure Discount
Multi-Car Discount
Multi Policy Discount
Employment Discount
LoJack Discount

Add:
Trail Armor Discount

·
Banned
259 Posts
Same for me, Toyota Camry vs. AllPro slider... I got some Camry "rash" from her side mirror, till it hit the kick-out and showed that Camry who's boss...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on! :shaka:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts