FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demello Skid Installed- Talked with Jason & Jack to confirm fitment with stock bumper prior to me buying a new bumper. Guys are class act- All good-now on to the photos!

Stock Tin skid

Demello Skid

Demello comparison- actually no comparison, Demello skids rule compared to stock.

all done!

-took all of 30 minutes for the install today, thanks to Supreme Power! :king:

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
man i wish i had a lift to install stuff on... that would be amazingly terrific x's 18.

p.s. skid looks great!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You know there seems to be a lot more design put into the oem skids, whats with all those curves. The engineers at toyota must have made it like that for some reason. The demello one seems much more straight forward.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
busta3396 said:
You know there seems to be a lot more design put into the oem skids, whats with all those curves. The engineers at toyota must have made it like that for some reason. The demello one seems much more straight forward.
If they had just made a big flat metal thing like the after markets, but used the cheap super thin metal that they use in the OEM, then you could bend it by hand. By putting in the contours and such (I'm sure it's all just pressed in) it makes it a little stiffer.

It is basically more a "mud plate" than a skid plate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great job! Now get Jason to make you one of these!!!

It goes here....

;D

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK, So I have to learn how to post pic's over at THIS site! :D

The pic's are of a tranny skid Jason made me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts