FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arien recomended I do something with my awsome stock running boards since they wernt holding up to well with some mellow offroading.. It didn't help that I ripped off a couple mounting brackets either.. I liked the ones on his (old) fj but I needed them to stick out a little more so that they can also be used as a step.. Not what I wanted but I had to make the family happy..

Well I finally got them installed, it took about 30 min to remove stock running boards and replace with demello hybrid sliders. I was very impressed with how easy everything lined up nicely and the bolts slid right in without any hangups.

Here is an iPhone pic of my new demello hybrid sliders.. Black wrinkle powdercoat.. I will be putting them to work this weekend after the el cajon meet...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Looks good, can't wait to see them in person.

Let me know how your girlfriends leg looks in a couple of weeks, I would like to do something different slider wise, but since I don't need them as a step I am afraid I am going to rip my leg up getting in and out of the FJ.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Looks good, can't wait to see them in person.

Let me know how your girlfriends leg looks in a couple of weeks, I would like to do something different slider wise, but since I don't need them as a step I am afraid I am going to rip my leg up getting in and out of the FJ.
Just dont rhino line them or put grip tape on and you'll be fine. I had Rhino liner on mine origianally and my calves always got scraped up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
nice finally dave about damn time you got rid of those ugly boards

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice...how much?
they retail for $500 with powdercoat.. I got the wrinkle finish because it is an easy color to touch up and it kinda matchs my ryno lined intense fab bumper

nice finally dave about damn time you got rid of those ugly boards
no doubt, I was trying to give the running boards to Arien but they weren't worthy of going on his STOCK rig

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I've had these on for a few weeks and did an off highway excursion to test the drabilty of these sliders....
1) for some reason the powder coat is no match for the rocks! Lmao
2) I am happy with them being extended out to use as a step.. Works great to get the baby in the back seat yet they don't stick out far enought to get hung up!
3) they gf has not complained about them and she uses the car as her daily driver..
4) the gf still doesn't know how much I paid so I haven't had to beg for forgivness! Lol

with that being said I am very happy and feel I made the right choice!

·
Super Whore
3,510 Posts
quite a useful report, thank yoU!!!! im trying to prioritize whats next, but i need to get these for my little one, but the only thing is i only thing is i dont know how much he is going to fall, and hurt himself etc...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Mama that what's fun about having boys......he's going to jumping, not falling out!

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quite a useful report, thank yoU!!!! im trying to prioritize whats next, but i need to get these for my little one, but the only thing is i only thing is i dont know how much he is going to fall, and hurt himself etc...
The work as a step just like the runningboards so it makes it easier to get in and out of the back seat.

Note.. Denting the rocker panels can be very hard to repair not to mention if it happens on a trail your doors may not open so I highly suggestest some sort of sliders and the demellos are top notch..

·
Super Whore
3,510 Posts
Mama that what's fun about having boys......he's going to jumping, not falling out!
u never know! our kids dont fall far from the tree and one of my more serious injuries was a dislocated ankle from sliding off a running board trying to get out of our toy tower!! just saying.... hahaha man im lame

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
u never know! our kids dont fall far from the tree and one of my more serious injuries was a dislocated ankle from sliding off a running board trying to get out of our toy tower!! just saying.... hahaha man im lame
.LAME....NO...just being a mama! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
How much further do they stick out w the extension? I'm not sure if I should have that done to mine.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
57 Posts
It doesn't matter what you buy from Demello. You can be sure that jason has run them on his rig himself before he even puts the product on the market. No matter if it is sliders,bumpers, skid plates or something totally custom(have him make you a custom tranny skid! you'll need to wine about it though), your going to get the best there is at the most reasonable price. Demello even stocks prats from other high quality parts makers and sells them for the best prices. You will do yourself a diservice if you don't give them first shot at a parts deal.

OH! P.S.
Nala runs mostly demello armor, so I know what I speak of!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts