FJ Cruiser Forum banner

With Christmas fast approaching.. Should we have a December M&E?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, since we forgot to draw names for the next host, I'll take the lead for our next M&E unless one of our San Diego county brethren wants to take the reins. It's been a while since we went south for some grub. :)

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
I thinks we should do a christmas party. :D Last year we all pitched in gifts for poor kids at the pizza place in corona. (I think that was around christmas time) That was cool. only issue was food ran out fast and it was kinda small, we got lots of expeirience since then choosing places for size and convienience. mabey see how much a cheaper hotel with a confrence hall costs and just potluck it. Dunno, just an Idea. BTW I voted no on accident so add one to the yes. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
FunJunkie said:
I thinks we should do a christmas party. :D Last year we all pitched in gifts for poor kids at the pizza place in corona. (I think that was around christmas time) That was cool.
Yea that was for Toys for Tots or something. Maybe another idea could be like a Snow Day for December...I know alot of you guys have kids and I think it would be fun to get everyone together for a day in the snow and then grab some food afterwards. Just an idea. But I vote yes on a December Meet and Eat whatever we do.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I vote yes for a M&E just before Christmas. The other thought is at a hotel in December is their peek season. So to rent a room with no food for them to sell us is gonna be hard to secure for us. A hotel usually cost $100.00+ per meal. (paid for a wedding lately) Out of touch for a lot of people. As I recall we had about 60 to 70 people at lamppost pizza last year. This was great however the room was a tad bit small. I like the idea of it being in Corona or Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda area. Maybe at Demello. have table and chairs and food catered in would be cool. If you want a cheep hotel with food in a banquet hall. We should all go to Laughlin NV.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Another option could be the Sizzler in Corona. They have a banquet room there, which is where the quarterly AAT meetings are held. Everyone pays for their own meals, but we all get to hang out in the side room away from the regular guests. It was at least twice the size of what we had at Lamppost.

Just a thought.

Oh, and it's REALLY close to Demello's shop. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the Sizzler idea Dave. The food isn't great, but it isn't bad either and it's affordable. We could also do the toy drive like we did last year.. I would get behind that 100%. The hotel banquet room and a pot luck sounds good too, but I think Ace made a valid point in that they won't want to accommodate us if all they get out of it is the price of the hall..

I'm game for whatever we decide to do. If we do a sizzler type deal, I'll go ahead and host the January M&E.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
mrsmainster said:
Yea that was for Toys for Tots or something. Maybe another idea could be like a Snow Day for December...I know alot of you guys have kids and I think it would be fun to get everyone together for a day in the snow and then grab some food afterwards. Just an idea. But I vote yes on a December Meet and Eat whatever we do.
I think I saw Arien playing with the toy cars I donated ::)

I like the snow Idea, I have no kids, but I sure as hell love the snow!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Kokopeli said:
I like the Sizzler idea Dave. The food isn't great, but it isn't bad either and it's affordable. We could also do the toy drive like we did last year.. I would get behind that 100%. The hotel banquet room and a pot luck sounds good too.

I'm game for whatever we decide to do.
x2 Man, I have not ate at a Sizzler in a long A$$ time ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
X3 Corona Sizzler and a toys-for-tots drive.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
mrsmainster said:
Brittany, that's a GREAT idea!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I was seriously nervous about the snowballs in their hands when I took the pics.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts