FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What are the dots for at the top of the factory windshield?

2. What size speakers fit into the wells in the D post at the rear of the FJ? and is the harness prewired

3. Is it me or are these FJ's not the coolest rigs on the road?! 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1. The dots are a type of factory "tint." They don't really do much.

2. Dunno what size speakers, but yes, they are pre-wired. The spot for the sub also has the speaker and power wires already installed as well.

3. You are darned skippy, both on AND off the road!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave... I appreciate the quick reply. I just washed off about 30 pounds of desert sand from my FJ. Went through quite a few mud holes on my way to Inscription Canyon Friday. Great trip though....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Nice! I really gotta get back out on the trails. But I haven't really spent any time with the Mustang for about a year now, so I'm enjoying that toy for a little while.

Oh, and I think the D pillar speakers are 4" diameter, but if you want quality speakers you need to make spacers for them (larger magnets).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha! Dave, I believe you were into anthropolgy and such. You need to head out there some time. In fact, me and some of my work buddies are going Sat the 3rd of Jan. You're more then welcome to come if you have the time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, to anybody else who wants to come out on the 3rd they're more then welcome. Shoot me a PM...

·
Registered
239 Posts
2 OR 3IN SPEAKERS FIT IN THE PRECUT HOLE ORE YOU COULD MOUNT A 4IN SPEAKER INTO THE PLASTEC COVER THATS WHAT I DID

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Kramer. Now did you just drill out the blanks or do you have the FJ speaker panels?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm like you Greg. I have no speakers back there. It will be easier for me to cut out the current panels than to find speaker grills from another FJ and use those. At least I can custom-cut the panels to the speakers I get for optimum sound.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was paroozing ebay the other day and I did see someone was selling a couple of the speaker panels. But they were like 59 bucks a pair. I dunno... I think im gonna get a 2 meter radio first... then HID headlights, then a bumper/winch, then a.... ;D And I thought R/C helicopters were like crack... ;D

·
Registered
239 Posts
just cut the panels to fit the speakers and the hols in the back to fit the magnet

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
dots? what dots? now i have to go look...never noticed.
cool? OMG..........we are cool!
i'm riding in a loaner car today though (toyota corolla) cause the stealership is fixing the roof rack mounts (that are missing) on my rig...i feel like i'm driving a go-cart!
5 hours and i miss my FJ.....we are cool!

·
Registered
772 Posts
desertmedic said:
2. What size speakers fit into the wells in the D post at the rear of the FJ? and is the harness prewired! 8)
the size is a 3 1/2, but u need the bracket... just install a 4" speakers

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
BoBo

Thats funny I call all my familys cars go-carts too. My daughters mazda crapped out the other day and I needed to drive it home (very tiny) She drove my FJ and at 5 foot 1 inch 105lbs. she doesn`t like it because the truck is to big.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts