FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks:

I'm really hoping I an find some good advice with this one. I recently purchased a compass/inclinometer for my 2011 FJ. When I bought the car in January, it didn't have one and I've always like, not only the way it looks i side, but the functionality of it.

So I have this compass and harness. I took it to Toyota for an estimate to install it but they want $1300.00 for the job. WHAT???!!!!

Youtube has nothing on installing the compass. Just videos on what it does and how to calibrate, etc....

See where I'm going with all this? Does anyone have any knowledge or expertise that I can glean from to help me get this thing in my truck?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi folks:

I'm really hoping I an find some good advice with this one. I recently purchased a compass/inclinometer for my 2011 FJ. When I bought the car in January, it didn't have one and I've always like, not only the way it looks i side, but the functionality of it.

So I have this compass and harness. I took it to Toyota for an estimate to install it but they want $1300.00 for the job. WHAT???!!!!

Youtube has nothing on installing the compass. Just videos on what it does and how to calibrate, etc....

See where I'm going with all this? Does anyone have any knowledge or expertise that I can glean from to help me get this thing in my truck?

If I remember correctly that price includes the gauge package. The gauge package new is something stupid like $500. Provided you have the pigtail to hook it up it should be pretty easy to install. This is where the Blue Room shines when it comes to how to information: [url]http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/36300-dash-gauge-pod-cluster-installed-without-dash-swap.html [/URL] Check out the link for the install.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I always just assumed it was plug and play......provided that you have the plug under the dash. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks: I'm really hoping I an find some good advice with this one. I recently purchased a compass/inclinometer for my 2011 FJ. When I bought the car in January, it didn't have one and I've always like, not only the way it looks i side, but the functionality of it. So I have this compass and harness. I took it to Toyota for an estimate to install it but they want $1300.00 for the job. WHAT???!!!! Youtube has nothing on installing the compass. Just videos on what it does and how to calibrate, etc.... See where I'm going with all this? Does anyone have any knowledge or expertise that I can glean from to help me get this thing in my truck?
Hi there,

I have done the same installation on both of my Fj Cruisers and the most time was taken to do the cutting of the dashboard to ensure that the markings are lined up and square. The harness comes with the unit which is quickly to install. The fitting instructs you will find on the Fj Cruiser forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts