FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Claremont Toyota deserves a plug for sponsoring the Meet & Greet and for going out of their way to be FJ-Friendly. It's good business but they deliver and as a consumer, that's what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Most definitely! Both Randy and Matt are very helpful and friendly. They are parts and service, so we're well covered. :)

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
This is basically a double post, but I wanted to give props to Claremont as well.

After Doug's mishap on the White Mtn run, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up a spare CV boot and a tierod end, just in case. I called Toyota of Orange and they were asking something like $53 for the CV kit and $67 for the tierod end. I then called Clremont and the first guy I talked to gave me 20% off list, but told me to call back Monday and talk to Randy. Well, I called Randy today and he gave me a price of $75.00 for BOTH pieces. That's a savings of almost 40%.

The price was cheap enough that I decided to buy two of each.

Thanks Randy and Claremont Toyota!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
This is basically a double post, but I wanted to give props to Claremont as well.

After Doug's mishap on the White Mtn run, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up a spare CV boot and a tierod end, just in case. I called Toyota of Orange and they were asking something like $53 for the CV kit and $67 for the tierod end. I then called Clremont and the first guy I talked to gave me 20% off list, but told me to call back Monday and talk to Randy. Well, I called Randy today and he gave me a price of $75.00 for BOTH pieces. That's a savings of almost 40%.

brian, make sure you got the inner tie rod. there's an outer as well, and that one is not prone to failure at all.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

That's great to hear. Those guys have been amazing in terms of supporting the Socal guys. You should post something in their forum. They are one of the good guys.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
i say it because the inner tie rod is closer to $150 give/take, and the outer is closer in price to what they quoted for you. the best price i found on the inner was around $110. part/no for the inner should be 45503-39305.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
The Inner tie rod is the one that fails? That's the one that's inside the rack??? Odd that that's the one that has issues..

Randy's such a great guy that he said he could return the other two that I ordered and get me the inner.

Thanks for posting up Doug!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
d'oh! I got the outers.. And I bet it is too late to cancel my order and get the others..

Damn damn damn!!! LOL
You never know! Call them. If you need it, I can swing by and pick it up. I'm not far away.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The Inner tie rod is the one that fails? That's the one that's inside the rack??? Odd that that's the one that has issues..

Randy's such a great guy that he said he could return the other two that I ordered and get me the inner.

Thanks for posting up Doug!
yup, although the inner tie rod is not in the rack. the outer would be damn near impossible to give way vs the inner. the inner (#5 below) screws into the outer (#4), and it's that shaft section right where the 5 and arrow is pointing to that will bend or break.

·
Individually Wrapped
1,578 Posts
Matt and Randy's response to my need of TT black parts was timely, cheaper than anywhere else and Randy actually wanted to know about my rig. The drive out from Redondo was nothing after arriving to that kind of welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Thanks Tony, I appreciate the offer to pick the stuff up. Since my office is only about 20 minutes away form CT, I'll swing by there and get the goods. I'd like to tell them "thanks" in person and get them used to seeing my face. I'm sure I'll be buying from them when I need something.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I will be going to them for the dash gauge pod that I want to get. I REALLY need that thermometer and compass. The inclinomoter, not so much. :D They have earned ALL of my future business.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks Tony, I appreciate the offer to pick the stuff up. Since my office is only about 20 minutes away form CT, I'll swing by there and get the goods. I'd like to tell them "thanks" in person and get them used to seeing my face. I'm sure I'll be buying from them when I need something.
You're welcome Brian. 20 min? Where do you work?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would like to give props to Claremont Toyota as well. I took my FJ (which I did not buy from them) in yesterday at 9am for the front brake TSB because they were clunking and squeaking in reverse only. The Assistant Service Manager, John Yarber, was working on his day off and he was very kind and helpful as well as the tech that worked on my FJ. At first they couldn't find any problems, so they took me for a test drive, and we were able to kind of determine the problem so I mentioned the TSB for the brakes and they looked it up. Sure enough, they found the TSB and replaced my front pads, front rotors, and greased my calipers at no charge and had it done by 4pm! My FJ was cutting it real close to the end of its warranty with having a build date of 8/06 and 35,910 on the odometer but they took care of it without giving me any guff or trying to say that it was not covered. I also snapped a stud a while back so I bought a new stud and lug nut and the guy at the parts counter was real nice and cool and talked with me for a while about FJs, the meet and greet, and etc. So kudos to you Claremont Toyota! I will be taking my FJ back there for any work that I can't do myself as well as get any OEM parts from there too.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
So does that mean there is a problem with the front brakes in general or just a problem with your brakes

·
Registered
810 Posts
Went there today to do my 10,000 service. Was very pleased with the people and service! Talk to Randy at the parts dept and I got discount in parts. They also accepted my free maintenance coupons since I bought my fj at Glendora. Great people and service team!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts