FJ Cruiser Forum banner

381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some good news and bad news, good news their will be another SPA class for the current list, bad news it won't be this year. From what I've heard next SPA class should be in February, maybe late January. So hang on don't give up, to say this job has been game changer for my overall life is an understand!!! Just reminder that when having to jump through many hoops on the way.
That is good news to me! Was wondering if I was ever going to get a call. I scored an 80 so hopefully I make it into the next group. Thanks for the info Big.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually just received and email telling me to report my availability to continue in the hiring process. I called Friday and dealt with an automated message that makes you lost all your details. Says starting in January they'll start making calls to begin interviews.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A little bird told me March or April for the new SPA class!!!
Okay guys from what i heard ten day evaluation class should begin soon. Just remember to plan on keeping your schedule clear for the class if you want to pass.

Beside all info you can find on the forum, remember that a positive attitude is the most important aspect of the job. You will be working with many different types of people and having respect for them will mean difference between a successful career or one that washes out because of a poor attitude. Contrary to popular beliefs the City of Los Angeles is every fair in its hiring process. I am living proof, i did not know anyone in DWP nor did i get help during evaluation class, but i still made it.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen!!

By the way its the best job you will never have.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I contacted the hiring department with City of Los Angeles. They called people from 83 to 82 on December 21st. 2016. So it sounds like a couple people got a call. 81 should be next and so on. Not sure if they will keep calling people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contacted the hiring department with City of Los Angeles. They called people from 83 to 82 on December 21st. 2016. So it sounds like a couple people got a call. 81 should be next and so on. Not sure if they will keep calling people.
Hmmmm... That worries me since I had an 82 and I still haven't gotten a call yet...

·
Registered
27 Posts
They emailed me the eligibility list if you want it. Post your email, Ill send it. To my understanding if they went down to 82, they should be calling people at 81 and below now. I could be wrong though. The list is from last year. It goes from the 90's down to us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They emailed me the eligibility list if you want it. Post your email, Ill send it. To my understanding if they went down to 82, they should be calling people at 81 and below now. I could be wrong though. The list is from last year. It goes from the 90's down to us.
Maybe theyre still calling people. Or maybe they skipped me. Idk.

my email is [email protected]. thanks dude

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just sent it out to your email. Good luck bud

The only thing I can think of is either they didn't take 30 for this class or they are waiting to interview more. Lets hope they are going to contact more of us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are they for sure doing another class this year? Anyone know?
I don't think anybody knows that for sure. There still appears to be a need for further 18's classes (based on how many backfill positions are needed), but that's just uninformed speculation.

Something I've been thinking about is that there are multiple eligible lists for this job. how or why, I can't say for sure. but my guess would be based upon the practical exam, as they offered them staggered at different dates.

As an item of public record, you may have already found this link online

http://per.lacity.org/exameligstatu...ASC&size=1000&filterby=1&filter=5622&mode=pdf

What it means, I couldn't say, but I know y'all probably dying to hear something. This is all I got for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little bird told me March or April for the new SPA class!!!
I don't think anybody knows that for sure. There still appears to be a need for further 18's classes (based on how many backfill positions are needed), but that's just uninformed speculation.

Something I've been thinking about is that there are multiple eligible lists for this job. how or why, I can't say for sure. but my guess would be based upon the practical exam, as they offered them staggered at different dates.

As an item of public record, you may have already found this link online

Error

What it means, I couldn't say, but I know y'all probably dying to hear something. This is all I got for you.
Okay guys from what i heard ten day evaluation class should begin soon. Just remember to plan on keeping your schedule clear for the class if you want to pass.

Beside all info you can find on the forum, remember that a positive attitude is the most important aspect of the job. You will be working with many different types of people and having respect for them will mean difference between a successful career or one that washes out because of a poor attitude. Contrary to popular beliefs the City of Los Angeles is every fair in its hiring process. I am living proof, i did not know anyone in DWP nor did i get help during evaluation class, but i still made it.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen!!

By the way its the best job you will never have.....
Hi, is there’s any tips or pointers you could give me. I’m scheduled to take the test next month and would appreciate any tips on what to study. Thank you.

my email is [email protected] if you choose to help me out. Thanks again

381 - 393 of 393 Posts