FJ Cruiser Forum banner

361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I just got my welcome letter for traffic officer :) part time but a toe in the door

Sent from my Blacked out iPhone5 using FJCForums

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
How long was the process? What were the job requirements?
I applied 1.5 years ago, process is still on going. Just had a psych eval (50% of what LAPD) has to go through, go figure. Requirements are pretty basic

Sent from my Blacked out iPhone5 using FJCForums

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any updates from anyone in the SPA process?
Comrad,
I heard their will only be two SPA courses for 2016, so hang in their...The current list should be in 80'ish range (I had an 87, but several of my classmates had lower scores). For those in that range, start preparing know it's only a matter of time before you get the call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Comrad,
I heard their will only be two SPA courses for 2016, so hang in their...The current list should be in 80'ish range (I had an 87, but several of my classmates had lower scores). For those in that range, start preparing know it's only a matter of time before you get the call.
Welp I had an 82 so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just spoke with someone at the City of LA. They are down to 83 on the open list. Meaning 82 and down are getting called up next. Not sure what happened with you Comrad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just spoke with someone at the City of LA. They are down to 83 on the open list. Meaning 82 and down are getting called up next. Not sure what happened with you Comrad.
I received a confirmation email a month ago or so and a request for my transcripts shortly thereafter so who knows...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dam, well hopefully they are just slowly working to call you back. I haven't received any requests like that. I'm lower at a 79 though. Their hiring process is like nothing I have ever seen. It is years of waiting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Long shot, but thought I would ask...

Has anyone disputed a background check issue? I believe one of my college courses complies with the one of the courses needed as a job requirement/prerequisite and I got a letter from personnel saying that it does not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Long shot, but thought I would ask...

Has anyone disputed a background check issue? I believe one of my college courses complies with the one of the courses needed as a job requirement/prerequisite and I got a letter from personnel saying that it does not.
Call the personnel office and ask why your college course doesn't qualify.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Call the personnel office and ask why your college course doesn't qualify.
Got an update for you guys. There will be only 1 class this year in November. The high turn out rate for the April class is why there is only gonna be one more class this year; (26 out of 30 made it=high retention rate, more than anticipated). So hang in there....I got an 86, and there were several ppl in my class that scored 99/95s etc, so scores really don't matter really. Whoever got in the 90's down to 85 and hasn't made the first 2 classes from the current list MAY have, 1) you either responded late to the cert. 2) responded to the cert, interviewed but did poorly or under prepared for the interview OR 3) got the interview, passed and either lied on your app. (reason for them to reject you) or did not complete medical/background in time. Be patient. I heard they might go down to 80 only! The Trainer told us if your in the 70s it is less likely to make the class from this list. But it's a possibility they may cert down to 78ish....Stick it out and oh yeh the 9 day class is hella hard. But what's even more hard is all the f'in training we are doing, currently.:shaka:Over and out FUTURE PIT CRITTER "18s". lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the information. So the interview notice is about 8 weeks before the class starts? So maybe people will start hearing from them in September.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't heard anything either. But people are saying this forum is dying /dead which is unfortunate cuz its like the only source of information

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the forum will start popping-off again once something starts happening. I wasn't far down the waitlist even though I scored a 79. If another class happens this year and they take 30 I should at least get an interview. I'll post if something happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the forum will start popping-off again once something starts happening. I wasn't far down the waitlist even though I scored a 79. If another class happens this year and they take 30 I should at least get an interview. I'll post if something happens.
I was just thinking this and I wanted to see some good news up here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just thinking this and I wanted to see some good news up here.
Some good news and bad news, good news their will be another SPA class for the current list, bad news it won't be this year. From what I've heard next SPA class should be in February, maybe late January. So hang on don't give up, to say this job has been game changer for my overall life is an understand!!! Just reminder that when having to jump through many hoops on the way.

361 - 380 of 393 Posts