FJ Cruiser Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wonderful plant...everyone wants to go there...lol
Only a young, inexperienced and/or ignorant person would make fun of a work assignment, given that we all get paid the same. Where you are assigned to work matters much, much less to your reputation than the quality of your work and your attitude towards others. The latter of which you may've already poisoned if you mock an integral part of the power network and the incredibly conscientious people who man that station.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only a young, inexperienced and/or ignorant person would make fun of a work assignment, given that we all get paid the same. Where you are assigned to work matters much, much less to your reputation than the quality of your work and your attitude towards others. The latter of which you may've already poisoned if you mock an integral part of the power network and the incredibly conscientious people who man that station.
I wasnt making fun of the plant by any means; however, im old, experienced and ignorant so at least i fit one of the requirements 😀

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any particular reason why Harbor? Did they expand the plant?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any particular reason why Harbor? Did they expand the plant?
People usually pick the plant closest to where they live. The San Pedro area is not that heavily populated as other areas of where it would be easier to make your way to work. It is usually the last choice people listed when stating the plant preference they desire. Harbor is usually the toughest for people to commute to and fro. People will take an assignment or a promotion to Harbor but are quick to transfer out to a closer plant when given chance. All the plants have different personalities, different designs yet they all perform the same task. That task is to generate power safely and efficiently.

As for Harbor expanding if you pass the class you will be exposed to the secret expansion they are planning. Please don't ask about this expansion on this site or if you know somebody who works in the Generation System. This information is only shared with those who have passed the evaluation class. You will be pleasantly surprised when you see the plans. It will really makes working at Harbor an attractive place regardless of the drive. Until that expansion actually happens it will most likely remain the last choice in terms of plant preferences for most candidates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
People usually pick the plant closest to where they live. The San Pedro area is not that heavily populated as other areas of where it would be easier to make your way to work. It is usually the last choice people listed when stating the plant preference they desire. Harbor is usually the toughest for people to commute to and fro. People will take an assignment or a promotion to Harbor but are quick to transfer out to a closer plant when given chance. All the plants have different personalities, different designs yet they all perform the same task. That task is to generate power safely and efficiently.

As for Harbor expanding if you pass the class you will be exposed to the secret expansion they are planning. Please don't ask about this expansion on this site or if you know somebody who works in the Generation System. This information is only shared with those who have passed the evaluation class. You will be pleasantly surprised when you see the plans. It will really makes working at Harbor an attractive place regardless of the drive. Until that expansion actually happens it will most likely remain the last choice in terms of plant preferences for most candidates.

"secret expansion" == public record of repowering projects, available online:

http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water...6/powerplants/scattergood/docs/sgs_ip2011.pdf

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good luck to all those starting class tomorrow. Heads down for the next 2 weeks. Once you are in the clear, please keep us posted of any new details. Would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If you don't show up early,your late.

Reactions: Comrad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any updates from anyone not in current class..
Sorry for the delay, but YES their will be another class this year! Okay, out of 30 people 26 pass..... which was more than anticipated but the word is September for the next class. My advice for those coming up....be ready for an ass kicking and when I say ass kicking i mean clear your schedule for the class. If you've been out of school more than a year start reading anything several hours a day to prepare. If you have any other questions ask but i will not answer direct questions about the class.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but YES their will be another class this year! Okay, out of 30 people 26 pass..... which was more than anticipated but the word is September for the next class. My advice for those coming up....be ready for an ass kicking and when I say ass kicking i mean clear your schedule for the class. If you've been out of school more than a year start reading anything several hours a day to prepare. If you have any other questions ask but i will not answer direct questions about the class.
How far from the class do you live? Did you commute every day? Do some guys try and find a room to rent in the area if they are far? What hours is the class each day (8-5)? I think I remember reading that the next steps for you guys would be more classroom work, is that the case?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. Just made an account just for this thread. Been following it for a couple weeks now. First off I'd just like to thank those spending all this time supplying the vast amount of information you guys have.

Awesome to hear another class will be opening in September. I called personnel a few days ago and they said they made it down to scores of 83 for the last round of interviews. I got an 82 so hopefully I should get the call of the next round when September rolls around.

Also congrats BigCity on passing the hell week class.:shaka:

·
Registered
33 Posts
How far from the class do you live? Did you commute every day? Do some guys try and find a room to rent in the area if they are far? What hours is the class each day (8-5)? I think I remember reading that the next steps for you guys would be more classroom work, is that the case?
If you live far way i would recommend either a hotel room or stay with someone in the area. As for the times the class starts at 630 and ends at 3.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you live far way i would recommend either a hotel room or stay with someone in the area. As for the times the class starts at 630 and ends at 3.
Yeh like BC said we had a class of 30 and 26 made it...thats a pretty good retention rate if you ask me...but the rumor is a class in june and one in september...so be prepared....mentally and physically...bc it was some nights i couldnt sleep...i got a motel in a nearby city and personally i had to lock myself in there and hit the books hard...i mean hard...from after class to around 11pm for me and most of the class...but we did it...and yeh i made it...nxt 4 weeks is some kinda safety environmental training more to come but its just the beginning...good luck to all...and i recommend you prepare for your interview...do a mock with someone you know or practice...bc it breaks ppl...also....medical is important...so if any of you got wild on 420 and if it was anything other than tobacco you in deep booboo...good luck folks...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeh like BC said we had a class of 30 and 26 made it...thats a pretty good retention rate if you ask me...but the rumor is a class in june and one in september...so be prepared....mentally and physically...bc it was some nights i couldnt sleep...i got a motel in a nearby city and personally i had to lock myself in there and hit the books hard...i mean hard...from after class to around 11pm for me and most of the class...but we did it...and yeh i made it...nxt 4 weeks is some kinda safety environmental training more to come but its just the beginning...good luck to all...and i recommend you prepare for your interview...do a mock with someone you know or practice...bc it breaks ppl...also....medical is important...so if any of you got wild on 420 and if it was anything other than tobacco you in deep booboo...good luck folks...
Thanks for the tips. Awesome to hear there might be another class in June as well. The sooner the better.

Any tips you can share about the interview? Like is it a regular interview or a practical interview? Is it a suit and tie interview or work boots and jeans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the tips. Awesome to hear there might be another class in June as well. The sooner the better.

Any tips you can share about the interview? Like is it a regular interview or a practical interview? Is it a suit and tie interview or work boots and jeans?
Take a moment to really consider what is being asked and answer honestly. That is the best advice I can give you for everybody involved.
I don't think clothes matter so much. You are always better off dressing on the nicer side at any interview.

341 - 360 of 393 Posts