FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive in "D" my CEL "check engine light" will come on, but it will not do it if I keep the truck in "4". It is as if I am not getting a high enough RPM to run efficiently and the sensor trip the code "P0430". I can drive all week in town in 4, and the CEL never trips, but it is in town driving, so my RPM is about 1500.
I bought this from a guy who like to wheel alot in AZ; super dusty environment and the Air filter showed it. I wonder if the MAF Sensor needs replaced?
Toyota cats are built to last forever, but the sensors take a beating....
Anyone else have this issue, and how did you solve it..

·
Registered
35 Posts
P0430 is a code for your oxigen sensor either in Bank 1 (passenger side) or Bank 2 (driver side) catalytics have 2 sensors on each side, oxigen and fuel air ratio sensor. The oxigen is all the way down and the fuel air ratio sensor is the one close to exhaust manifold, change both on that Bank. They are made by Denso, and Denso is in Gardena California (google it)
If you buy from the dealer is a ripoff, order from Denso.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought OEM Denso 02 sensors for both downstream positions. I have no idea if previous owner changed them, or if he "went cheap" on the parts. Neither here nor there. Code is gone.
OEM sensors save the day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts