FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2007 Tundra 4x2 Double Cab with the TRD Off-Road package (bone stock). I've never been off roading before, and am eager to try it out but then again I worry too much lol. I was wondering if my truck can make it on the 2N47 trail without any problems? On dirtopia, they recommend "smaller vehicles and high clearance", as my truck is not :(. I was also wondering if the trail roads are pretty wide, because I don't want to ding and scratch up my big truck too much. One last question is, since my truck has a long wheel base would it have trouble with the dips/ hills there? Sorry to bug you guys, as I don't own a FJ cruiser but my uncle does :) and they are sweet rigs, especially for off roading. Thanks, any input would be appreciated.

Edit: I guess there is another place around there called Lytle Creek? Would my truck be able to do pretty good there?

Heres some pictures of my truck, so yall can see if it has a chance at Cleghorn/ Lytle Creek.

·
Registered
478 Posts
both trails, cleghorn and lytle creek are basically fire roads. your truck would have no issues with vertical or horizontal clearance. Cleghorn has a number of side routes which is where the clearance and wheelbase come into play, these side routes range from fun to very challenging, you would probobly have issues with most or all of them.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Yeah you would have trouble on alot of the side challenges. Not to mention you would get alot of " Pinstripes" from the dead bushes out there. thats a real nice looking truck but your running boards are pretty low and wouldn`t be your friends out there.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I know there is at least one spot in Lytle creek where you could high center. I believe I recall seeing a picture of a lifted FJ that had to get winched off. ;D It was an avoidable obstacle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just read this from a website: "Street Legal Vehicles are required to have 4 wheel drive to enter the OHV area, They are only allowed 450 Vehicles in the OHV area, so get there early if you want to get in on busy weekends"

And another guy on tundratalk forums went there, and said they look for a 4x4 shifter or knob at the gates.

I think they recently changed it, but not 100% sure because i've never actually been there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts