FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Camping Trailers

6K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  FJVP 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying a trailer. I love ruffin it but the lil woman (CFO) prefers the hotel amenities. I understand and if I want to continue to live in the house and mod the FJ....I best go along with her wishes. We really don't want a small tent trailer or a full size unit and it has to meet the FJ towable requirements. So...I found this:

Fleetwood Pop Up

Anyone else thinking/looking?

#28 ·
Wow, that thing is nice...

And big!

We have looked at many trailers, I am the one looking for creature comforts more than Jean, and always ruled out anything that size. Thought it would be too much behind the FJ.

Sounds like you FJ does ok with it though.

The trailer I like is the Airstream Base Camp. It is about twice the price it should be so I would never buy one new but there should be some used in the next year or so closer to what they should actually cost. It just seems to match the FJ nicely. I have heard some not too nice comments about them on the other forum but I think the big issue is the crazy price.

#31 ·
RicoVerde said:
Wow, that thing is nice...

And big!

We have looked at many trailers, I am the one looking for creature comforts more than Jean, and always ruled out anything that size. Thought it would be too much behind the FJ.

Sounds like you FJ does ok with it though.

The trailer I like is the Airstream Base Camp. It is about twice the price it should be so I would never buy one new but there should be some used in the next year or so closer to what they should actually cost. It just seems to match the FJ nicely. I have heard some not too nice comments about them on the other forum but I think the big issue is the crazy price.
I looked at the Air Stream, they're nice...Expensive and a bit much to tow for the FJ. I stayed with an ultra lite for that reason....

DominicG said:
Ok.. i just gotta ask..

Have you found and fun yet? :D ;D
I don't kiss and tell!

G
#32 ·
VERY nice Tim! Mrs and I will be going tomorrow to look around a bit, and this one is on top of the list (unless we can borrow yours for the weekend :D) The pop-ups are still not entirely out of the question either....at least the ones with a toilet and shower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.