FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I towed it home from Irvine Today.....I added a weight distribution hitch with sway bar and a brake controller to the FJ to help in the towing. I ran 60 MPH all the way with no issues. Gas milage will suffer because the FJ is about as aerodynamic as a brick. It's like a brick towing a brick!

I'll post pictures of the actual trailer in a bit.

Wow, that thing is nice...

And big!

We have looked at many trailers, I am the one looking for creature comforts more than Jean, and always ruled out anything that size. Thought it would be too much behind the FJ.

Sounds like you FJ does ok with it though.

The trailer I like is the Airstream Base Camp. It is about twice the price it should be so I would never buy one new but there should be some used in the next year or so closer to what they should actually cost. It just seems to match the FJ nicely. I have heard some not too nice comments about them on the other forum but I think the big issue is the crazy price.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
RicoVerde said:
Wow, that thing is nice...

And big!

We have looked at many trailers, I am the one looking for creature comforts more than Jean, and always ruled out anything that size. Thought it would be too much behind the FJ.

Sounds like you FJ does ok with it though.

The trailer I like is the Airstream Base Camp. It is about twice the price it should be so I would never buy one new but there should be some used in the next year or so closer to what they should actually cost. It just seems to match the FJ nicely. I have heard some not too nice comments about them on the other forum but I think the big issue is the crazy price.
I looked at the Air Stream, they're nice...Expensive and a bit much to tow for the FJ. I stayed with an ultra lite for that reason....

DominicG said:
Ok.. i just gotta ask..

Have you found and fun yet? :D ;D
I don't kiss and tell!

VERY nice Tim! Mrs and I will be going tomorrow to look around a bit, and this one is on top of the list (unless we can borrow yours for the weekend :D) The pop-ups are still not entirely out of the question either....at least the ones with a toilet and shower.

DominicG said:
lol.. i just realized i didn't make sense..

"Have you found ANY fun yet?"

Get it.. cus you have a "fun finder"...

Shutup.
I got it without the explanation...

And to FJVP: Nice trailer

Discussion starter · #37 ·
It's a hotel on wheels.....Me, I could care less about shower, toliet etc etc....But I do have to say that I'm gunna be spoiled in it.

Take her down to Irvine to look at them....Oh but bring a checkbook!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.